Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICE age gear enchanting and padding/weighting

Correct if I am wrong but that is only the first 20 services per Duskruin, right? So you can get 20 every time at a very reasonable rate, and that is per item. I think that was what I was doing and just adding a few extra if I had left over bloodscip. But you are right, it begins becoming punitive if you try to add anything over 20.

a more reasonable rate would be a more accurate statement, if your item already has padding etc. the rate may not be all that reasonable even for just one service point.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

The rate increases every 5 services within a window. The increases are substantial.

Each window is 2 months (ex: jan-feb). The price per service resets for all items at the beginning of a new window.

One service is not one "layer" as we once counted. It takes 10 services for 1 pt (or cer) of weighting for the first five points, and increases by 10 services for each level thereafter (ex: cost 10 ser per point up to somewhat, 20 services per point up to heavy, 30 services per point up to exceptional, 40 services per point up to masterful).

A relatively simple expectation is getting 150 services for 10 points of something over a period of windows (10 windows at 15 services a piece over 20 months).

This would require more than a little luck, considering Duskruin being an easy time to score a ticket to the smithy twice year, and *hopefully* they have a once yearly unlimited silver option, which is only 3/5 necessary windows per year to make that happen.
    Last edited by rolfard; 07-22-2019 at 08:38 AM.

I realized that only the auto smithy at duskruin and the 1x per year smithy for silvers are situations (which previously came up last year) where you can get weighting, padding, sighting without handing over your gear. The other chances for WPS that pop up with merchants require you to hand over your gear, so you are looking at most likely 3 service windows per year with a potential cap (either by hard cap or cost) of 20 services per window. This would give you a chance of *trying* to buy 60 services a year per item without losing your ICE age fanciness.

Damn that Rolfard bringing magic and logic into our forums!
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I just reread your IP, and the only way you will get the enchant raised is to find a wizard with potions. Nothing to get it to 7, but anything above 7 will be much tougher and will fetch a very high price. I guess it depends how much the uniqueness is worth to you.

So it takes 150 services to get 10 points of padding!? I read on the wiki and I couldn't decipher that post for my situation. I thought it was 5000 points per item, so 2500 points to make it 9x and 2500 to get it HCP. Obviously I am beyond wrong. at 60 points per year, this seems unlikely. Spending a few hundred dollars on Bloodscrip wont really help at all it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The rate increases every 5 services within a window. The increases are substantial.

Each window is 2 months (ex: jan-feb). The price per service resets for all items at the beginning of a new window.

One service is not one "layer" as we once counted. It takes 10 services for 1 pt (or cer) of weighting for the first five points, and increases by 10 services for each level thereafter (ex: cost 10 ser per point up to somewhat, 20 services per point up to heavy, 30 services per point up to exceptional, 40 services per point up to masterful).

A relatively simple expectation is getting 150 services for 10 points of something over a period of windows (10 windows at 15 services a piece over 20 months).

This would require more than a little luck, considering Duskruin being an easy time to score a ticket to the smithy twice year, and *hopefully* they have a once yearly unlimited silver option, which is only 3/5 necessary windows per year to make that happen.
    Thym, 21 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

Slocan, 100 Ranger

Jynai, 100 Empath

-Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

service points are for weighting/padding/sighting only

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orbstar View Post
    So it takes 150 services to get 10 points of padding!? I read on the wiki and I couldn't decipher that post for my situation. I thought it was 5000 points per item, so 2500 points to make it 9x and 2500 to get it HCP. Obviously I am beyond wrong. at 60 points per year, this seems unlikely. Spending a few hundred dollars on Bloodscrip wont really help at all it seems.
    I'm confused what you mean with 2,500 + 2,500 or something but as Ardwen noted the smithie does not enchant.

These pages/charts may help:

https://gswiki.play.net/WPS_smithy

https://gswiki.play.net/Weighting
    Last edited by Roblar; 07-22-2019 at 05:38 PM.