Thread: install problem

Default install problem

Trying to install lich on a new PC, it has windows 10 and I'm using the link from the Wiki for 10. It gets to the point where the download is going to complete and then it states 'Running security scan...' and it literally just freezes. Any help?
    www.undergroundnutritionnj.com
    www.hollowlabs.com
    @undergroundnutrition
    @hollowlabs_
    Discord - allen#5476

If you are running an anti-virus software, then temporarily disable it, that's the only thing I can think of that would cause that error.

Quote Originally Posted by allen View Post
    Trying to install lich on a new PC, it has windows 10 and I'm using the link from the Wiki for 10. It gets to the point where the download is going to complete and then it states 'Running security scan...' and it literally just freezes. Any help?
    Which browser? If Edge, snag Chrome really quick and give that a shot, too.

4. Default

Ugh. Edge. They didn't even bother to change the Internet Explorer logo when they changed the name. They just new that their credibility was finally beyond repair after more than a decade of being actively worse than every other option and took the laziest possible route to try to reset that cycle.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 07-20-2019 at 05:56 PM.

They did that on purpose. Think of all the people for whom a blue lowercase "e" is the Internet Button.
    Last edited by Gnomad; 07-20-2019 at 11:34 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    They did that on purpose. Think of all the people for whom a blue lowercase "e" is the Internet Button.
    Yeah, I know. I also know those are the people funding all the deposed Nigerian princes. And not to be insensitive, but they're dying of old age, and have been since Microsoft started trying to dictate internet standards in the 90s. They're trying to rehab their image. From a marketing standpoint, half measures only remind the world of how awful they've treated their consumers and give them continued reason to flock to literally any other option.

I'm sure Microsoft Surface tablets are every bit as user friendly as an iPad. They're probably cheaper too, but you will never see a human being using one unless they're being paid to advertise Microsoft Surface. So basically, the NFL, and the guy from Pawn Stars. That's their entire remaining demographic. The rest, as mentioned before, are dying of old age and wouldn't know the difference anyway. Change the name, change the logo, get a fresh start. Anything short is bad marketing. Comcast, Dupont, Dow Chemical and Electronic Arts could announce a merger tomorrow and the resulting company would still have a better image than Microsoft in the eyes of a consumer. It's a broken monopoly that abused its customer base as long as it possible could, until others came along and offered an alternative. There's no going back. They need to drop the whole brand name.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 07-21-2019 at 07:06 AM.