Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: MSTRIKE and BERSERK Updated!

Default Official: MSTRIKE and BERSERK Updated!

MSTRIKE has been updated so you can set a default attack type. Use MSTRIKE SET DEFAULT {type} where type is one of ATTACK, JAB, PUNCH, GRAPPLE, or KICK. You can override the default type by specifying it during MSTRIKE, i.e., MSTRIKE JAB will still use JAB even if you set your default to PUNCH. See MSTRIKE HELP for more information.

Additionally, BERSERK has been updated to use the Unarmed Combat System (UCS) if MSTRIKE DEFAULT is set to a UCS attack. The berserker's rage prevents the clarity required to fully utilize UCS so the user will only PUNCH and KICK and will tier up randomly. UCS BERSERK went through several test iterations and settled on this implementation to keep balance in line.

GS4-NAIJIN

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/327/3363/view/277

Jabs and grapple were too OP in combination with BERSERK???
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

I would guess they went with punch/kick to increase the base damage. If you had jab/grapple mixed in but didn't auto-select the correct attack to tier up, it would be sort of meh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Do you get focused MSTRIKES with berserk? What about roundtime?

Actually if the RT is a flat 5 secs. this is kinda meh. You’re better off just standard MSTRIKing with UCS since Tier-ups are more controlled and not a random mess. You could in theory never tier up berserking.
    The berserk impact will be for stuns, binds, webs etc. and then actually doing some damage versus AS punching
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by GS4-NAIJIN
    MSTRIKE has been updated so you can set a default attack type. Use MSTRIKE SET DEFAULT {type} where type is one of ATTACK, JAB, PUNCH, GRAPPLE, or KICK.
    Really nice QoL improvement for anyone that mstrikes with UAC. I hated wasting a mstrike or getting caught up/stunned while typing out mstr jab vs mstr.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Really nice QoL improvement for anyone that mstrikes with UAC. I hated wasting a mstrike or getting caught up/stunned while typing out mstr jab vs mstr.
    This will also keep you from hitting critters to no affect with a bare hand (non-UAC) when you come off a stun empty handed before berserk wears off. A little less worrying about what the risks are of berserking out of say, a 3 round stun with an empty hand.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 07-17-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Jabs and grapple were too OP in combination with BERSERK???
    probably, actually. mstrike uac is real, real good. at cap 3x pf and 1213 being able to do them constantly is really, really good. essentially getting that but at level 15 with no other real skills required would be uh....strong.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

8. Default

The default setting is a very welcome change. That should fix the issue where if you try to UAC mstrike something 10 levels or more over you, it won't forever jab and never be able to tier up. If they implemented it properly, that is. So...yeah that probably isn't fixed. It'll be a welcome change if it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    probably, actually. mstrike uac is real, real good. at cap 3x pf and 1213 being able to do them constantly is really, really good. essentially getting that but at level 15 with no other real skills required would be uh....strong.
    You can get berserk well before 15 with CMans.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You can get berserk well before 15 with CMans.
    and that would be very powerful 10 hours for that warrior before they could get real berserk and get their cman points back
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!