Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: State of Elanthia: SimuCon 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I can only imagine the person who came up with idea was like, 'Eureka! This will be a Gemstone renaissance! It'll be like 1997 all over again!'

Which is funny, because you can find GS mentioned on various subreddits and forums where the most common complaint is how much they charge for a MUD in 2019.
    I have posted, many times, my idea for a n00b zone where you are capped at 19 but can have AlL ThE SkIlLz and it is free. The transition between the F2P land and the real land would have a spell strip, and you can't use it while injured, but yaknow.

WONDER IF THEY ARE TAKING PART OF MY IDEAS.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Calling it now, the sprite 'quest' is going to be the linear quest available to new players, they'll just remove spawning in random cities for basic and free subs.
    I actually am in favor of quests added, similar to the Sprite quests. It has two options that differ, but have no actual consequences. I felt it should be expanded on, and have a path to cap with the quests. You'd need writers and all that and a tree to make lasting consequences, but it could be fun and would definitely make GS feel more like a modern game than the antiquated models of ye olden times where they had little to no quests.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Calling it now, the sprite 'quest' is going to be the linear quest available to new players, they'll just remove spawning in random cities for basic and free subs.
    Nah I'm sure this is someone's pet project and they are going ham on it. Simu couldn't allocate dev resources to get out of a paper bag, but I don't think they'd create a new city on a new continent, dump the sprite there and call it a day. I hope they leave the sprite alone, though; it's annoying but at least it's short. This new thing sounds like it'll be stupid long.

I'd prefer the original 'visit the places on the DIR list then talk to Thrak' thing over everything else though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    They could just write quests based off the current running storyline, such as, take the letter from so-so to the Mirror in Ta’Vaalor and you could get a sneak peak on what happens next in said storyline... like being part of the movie you’re watching!
    No. They need to make them stuff that lasts beyond a current storyline that has an end. Otherwise they'd have to write brand new ones constantly. I suppose they could have a mage or some shit send you back in time or whatever, but that starts to get stupid.

Blog Entries

All they really need to do with storylines is have a brief 'the story thus far' recap that appears when you log in. I haven't been able to follow a storyline since the Empress was whacked 16 years ago because it all happens super late at night or when I'm at work.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

All they really need to do with storylines is have a brief 'the story thus far' recap that appears when you log in. I haven't been able to follow a storyline since the Empress was whacked 16 years ago because it all happens super late at night or when I'm at work.
    I'm actually thinking some quests that roll you back to historical events and have you play through them would be cool. At least give you heathens some idea about GS lore. The wars against Despana, the 90-100 level arc being the Ur-Daemon war, etc.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-15-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm actually thinking some quests that roll you back to historical events and have you play through them would be cool. At least give you heathens some idea about GS lore. The wars against Despana, the 90-100 level arc being the Ur-Daemon war, etc.
    Those would 100% be paid quests.

Blog Entries

Those would 100% be paid quests.
    My ideas for them would basically have them as individual instances, maybe some with group, but it is mostly focused purely on story. No RNG bullshit, no sweet treasure, just story and XP. They touched on this with the Katana Quests and Sprite Quests and then just stopped.

Blog Entries

For the first quest, I think the founding of the Landing would be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    My ideas for them would basically have them as individual instances, maybe some with group, but it is mostly focused purely on story. No RNG bullshit, no sweet treasure, just story and XP. They touched on this with the Katana Quests and Sprite Quests and then just stopped.
    they didn't stop. they just charged simucoins for them now instead. (trouble waters, reim, automating the old GM run things like NATA, etc.)

Then they also figured out they can do just the loot part, with none of that silly quest part, and now you have the basis for every event. Tadaaaaaaa
    Last edited by Donquix; 07-15-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!