Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Official: State of Elanthia: SimuCon 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    they didn't stop. they just charged simucoins for them now instead. (trouble waters, reim, automating the old GM run things like NATA, etc.)

Then they also figured out they can do just the loot part, with none of that silly quest part, and now you have the basis for every event. Tadaaaaaaa
    Those aren't really "quests" IMO. They are just a series of "Hey, go do this". I'd have story and shit. NATA was really just "Hey go look at/on/under/behind/in shit and then put shit on a pedestal in this amount of time"
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-15-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

those aren't quests
    <describes quests in every rpg>
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    All they really need to do with storylines is have a brief 'the story thus far' recap that appears when you log in. I haven't been able to follow a storyline since the Empress was whacked 16 years ago because it all happens super late at night or when I'm at work.
    Not as simple as what you are talking about, but GM Quilic has made it so that one of the bartenders(Greth? I am not sure which bar it is) on Four Winds Isle will answer basic questions about what has been going on with the Storyline he is running there.

I suggested to him that they should do that in all the towns so that folks had an in-game way to learn the latest news, etc., but apparently his hands are tied by the strange proprietary convolutions of Simu Dev. It would be up to each individual GM to do it or not, and he cannot really do anything outside FWI except suggest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Not as simple as what you are talking about, but GM Quilic has made it so that one of the bartenders(Greth? I am not sure which bar it is) on Four Winds Isle will answer basic questions about what has been going on with the Storyline he is running there.

I suggested to him that they should do that in all the towns so that folks had an in-game way to learn the latest news, etc., but apparently his hands are tied by the strange proprietary convolutions of Simu Dev. It would be up to each individual GM to do it or not, and he cannot really do anything outside FWI except suggest.
    Going to a bartender or inkeeper and asking about NEWS sounds cool as hell.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post

This is the weirdest fucking thing. SO MANY people complain about how they can't keep up with things, especially during events. Either it's unannounced entirely, or it's in one of like 5 places. Newsby does a great job of aggregating all this, and during events other people try to as well but it's just all over the map. Is it tweeted? is it on the officials? just in discord? all the major stuff announced ahead of time or lol "hey guys 100m item drawing in 30 minutes at this event you paid to attend, sucks to be you if you aren't home", etc. Came up during EG or dr or something and Wyrom acted like if they just made a policy of like anything that's raffleworthy we announce at least X hours ahead of time via Y methods that like, GMs would revolt or something. And that they couldn't tell them to do that because CONTRACTORS.

I'm like no man, you'd just have to do your job and make sure people are following guidelines. Shit isn't complicated.
    Last edited by Donquix; 07-16-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    those aren't quests
    <describes quests in every rpg>
    Perhaps I should have said stuff that isn't a bunch of low effort bullshit fetch quests? That better for you?

I wonder if the new ... pay the adventurers guild to recover my lost item... will allow me to hire someone to find all the arrows that ... streaked off into the distance..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I laugh at how everyone on this thread is like “I’m confused... if they just did this”, “don’t get why they don’t enrich the story...” , “how come they don’t just have an in-game...”

You won’t be so confused if you just understood they don’t give a shit about the game other than the ways to extract $$ from gambling addicts.

Just stop thinking of this game as some kind of CDprojectRed legit “I want to entertain people” game and a more sinister gambling addiction/money extractor tool and you’ll never be befuddled again.

Wyrom’s background as a former slot machine tech is not a fucking coincidence and if you think it was you’re massively naive.
    Go away retard.

Blog Entries

And of course I illicit this response because you know everything I said is 100% accurate. Sad but true.
    No, you illicit that response because you are you and I want you to go away. I don't care if it was 1991 and you were telling everyone to invest in Apple.

Blog Entries

I’ll take your non-response/silence as acquiesence that I am indeed correct about my assessment of you.

It’s fine, just enjoy the game as you aee fit and maybe if we can get enough people to chime up we can get Simu to do some lore as well. Maybe and hope.
    My non response was because I don't sit around waiting for you to post on PC. I go off and do other things. As for what you were wanting me to respond to, I didn't read it, because I don't read most of the drivel you post. Most people don't. Because you're an idiot.