Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Confess your secrets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Not going to lie: That's kind of a fucked up law. You don't have to be in actual danger to kill someone.
    In Texas it used to be completely to kill someone that was just in your yard if it was night time. Whether they were walking through or whatever. I think they changed it after some guy blasted some teenager.

But yeah, I remember growing up, they always said "If you kill someone, drag them into your house!"
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    How would you prove "actual danger" anyway? All you'd have to do is say, "he said he was going to kick my ass so I shot him". Not like the dead guy is going to refute your claim.
    Feeling like you are in danger is subjective on the person anyways. Some people on my neighborhood FB pages are scared of black kids walking down the streets with rakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Feeling like you are in danger is subjective on the person anyways. Some people on my neighborhood FB pages are scared of black kids walking down the streets with rakes.
    Exactly.

4. Default

My neighbors are a mixed family of black and hispanic, and they are hands down the nicest neighbors I've ever had. Their kids are polite, they are considerate whenever they have a party or something they let me know and invite me. I've had their son house sit for me with my dogs when we were out of town for a week. I've loaned him tools before, and I never loan my tools.

It's almost like they don't know they are black and hispanic and just work hard in life and are successful. Someone should tell them they are victims and to get with the program.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    My neighbors are a mixed family of black and hispanic, and they are hands down the nicest neighbors I've ever had. Their kids are polite, they are considerate whenever they have a party or something they let me know and invite me. I've had their son house sit for me with my dogs when we were out of town for a week. I've loaned him tools before, and I never loan my tools.

It's almost like they don't know they are black and hispanic and just work hard in life and are successful. Someone should tell them they are victims and to get with the program.
    My city is still, oddly, very segregated. White people live in these districts, black people in the others. There are smatterings of black people in predominately white and white people in predominately black, but not much. It is weird too, because there is literally a street that divides it. One side is all white, other side is all black.

Blog Entries

My city is still, oddly, very segregated. ... It is weird too, because there is literally a street that divides it. One side is all white, other side is all black.
    You've heard of redlining, right?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Door to door salesmen are actually illegal in my city. They are allowed to leave a card, but they can't knock on the door and try to sell you shit.

I was actually curious about whether or not it is considered inside your house if they put a foot in your door without you inviting them in. In Louisiana, perfectly legal to shoot them if they enter uninvited, but I don't know what would constitute them being inside. Maybe you can shoot their foot? I have a fairly heavy front door though, so I'd probably just slam it on their foot if the situation ever happened.
    Just crossing the threshold, even if there's no actual door, can be considered breaking and entering, in which case you'll want to make sure they know you're there, since surprises are the cause of a lot of accidental shootings. Then, if they want to shoot you, you try and convince them that robbery is not as bad as felony murder or felony a&b. If they seem adverse to such advice, you leave.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I can legally use deadly force one someone who came into my house unwelcomed. I don't need to feel in danger.

"The Louisiana “stand your ground” law assumes that you had a reasonable belief that deadly force was necessary if:

(1) You were lawfully inside of a house, business or vehicle.

(2) You used deadly force against a person who was trying to unlawfully and forcibly enter that house, business, or vehicle (or had already unlawfully and forcibly entered).

(3) You knew that an unlawful and forcible entry was happening or had happened."
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But Gemstone IV doesn't have cars.

Yet.
    Well, well, well. After you finish your homework, dadddy will teach you how to drive. I will take you to a magical place in Elanthia. It is right past this dark street.

Ps Lorbstar Tutoring services available.
    Thym, 21 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

Slocan, 100 Ranger

Jynai, 100 Empath

-Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

9. Default

I thought there was a car in the rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    How would you prove "actual danger" anyway? All you'd have to do is say, "he said he was going to kick my ass so I shot him". Not like the dead guy is going to refute your claim.

What about black kids without rakes? Or black adults with rakes?

Resist white supremacy.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-16-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible