Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Confess your secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'd probably really consider pulling a gun if a salesman put his foot in my doorway. I'd probably tell him to leave or I'm calling the cops first, though I do keep a shotty by my door.
    I've had a couple salespeople do that to me... all it takes is a look at their foot, a glance back at their face and a smile... and somehow they moved it rather quickly for me.

I guess they saw the joy in my face and figured they wanted to walk away under their own power.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I wish I had something more useful to say
    But you never do....
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I've had a couple salespeople do that to me... all it takes is a look at their foot, a glance back at their face and a smile... and somehow they moved it rather quickly for me.

I guess they saw the joy in my face and figured they wanted to walk away under their own power.
    Door to door salesmen are actually illegal in my city. They are allowed to leave a card, but they can't knock on the door and try to sell you shit.

I was actually curious about whether or not it is considered inside your house if they put a foot in your door without you inviting them in. In Louisiana, perfectly legal to shoot them if they enter uninvited, but I don't know what would constitute them being inside. Maybe you can shoot their foot? I have a fairly heavy front door though, so I'd probably just slam it on their foot if the situation ever happened.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Door to door salesmen are actually illegal in my city. They are allowed to leave a card, but they can't knock on the door and try to sell you shit.

I was actually curious about whether or not it is considered inside your house if they put a foot in your door without you inviting them in. In Louisiana, perfectly legal to shoot them if they enter uninvited, but I don't know what would constitute them being inside. Maybe you can shoot their foot? I have a fairly heavy front door though, so I'd probably just slam it on their foot if the situation ever happened.
    It depends.. is the "salesperson" pushing on the door in an attempt to over power you to gain access to your home? Green light to open fire.. your life is in danger.

If it's just their attempt to lengthen your conversation.. no.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

It depends.. is the "salesperson" pushing on the door in an attempt to over power you to gain access to your home? Green light to open fire.. your life is in danger.

If it's just their attempt to lengthen your conversation.. no.
    Foot inside my door is a foot inside my property. Besides, he'll be dead. He can't argue back!

I feel like one day I'll be involved in a shooting and this will be used against me.

Foot inside my door is a foot inside my property. Besides, he'll be dead. He can't argue back!

I feel like one day I'll be involved in a shooting and this will be used against me.
    You can't legally use deadly force because someone is on your property. You have to also believe your life is in danger.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

You can't legally use deadly force because someone is on your property. You have to also believe your life is in danger.
    I can legally use deadly force one someone who came into my house unwelcomed. I don't need to feel in danger.

"The Louisiana “stand your ground” law assumes that you had a reasonable belief that deadly force was necessary if:

(1) You were lawfully inside of a house, business or vehicle.

(2) You used deadly force against a person who was trying to unlawfully and forcibly enter that house, business, or vehicle (or had already unlawfully and forcibly entered).

(3) You knew that an unlawful and forcible entry was happening or had happened."

Blog Entries

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(b) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

That is directly from the code. So yeah, don't enter someone's property without a welcome in Louisiana. It is justified homicide and there is no requirement for anyone to retreat.

I can legally use deadly force one someone who came into my house unwelcomed. I don't need to feel in danger.

"The Louisiana “stand your ground” law assumes that you had a reasonable belief that deadly force was necessary if:

(1) You were lawfully inside of a house, business or vehicle.

(2) You used deadly force against a person who was trying to unlawfully and forcibly enter that house, business, or vehicle (or had already unlawfully and forcibly entered).

(3) You knew that an unlawful and forcible entry was happening or had happened."
    Not going to lie: That's kind of a fucked up law. You don't have to be in actual danger to kill someone.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Not going to lie: That's kind of a fucked up law. You don't have to be in actual danger to kill someone.
    How would you prove "actual danger" anyway? All you'd have to do is say, "he said he was going to kick my ass so I shot him". Not like the dead guy is going to refute your claim.