Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranged or UAC?

1. Default

One downside to UAC I forgot to mention is that you are perpetually screwed against large invasion critters or the Emperor/Empress in Reim.

Anything 10 levels higher than you or more, you cannot tier up. 0% chance. Your mstrike will go get-it-started and only jab forever at good positioning, with no ability to even manually correct. As a rogue that doesn't matter so much. I am curious to know if the 10 levels problem applies to ambushing from hiding with the free good tier. Can anyone confirm/deny if you still get the good tier on critters 10+ over your head?
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 07-09-2019 at 12:40 PM.

The thing about UAC is you are trained as a brawler without any additional work. Can't tier up? Grab a fist-scythe ambush the head. It's not a dagger but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    One downside to UAC I forgot to mention is that you are perpetually screwed against large invasion critters or the Emperor/Empress in Reim.

Anything 10 levels higher than you or more, you cannot tier up. 0% chance. Your mstrike will go get-it-started and only jab forever at good positioning, with no ability to even manually correct. As a rogue that doesn't matter so much. I am curious to know if the 10 levels problem applies to ambushing from hiding with the free good tier. Can anyone confirm/deny if you still get the good tier on critters 10+ over your head?
    I don't remember this ever being a problem with ambush. But I haven't fought a lot of things that high above me, so I could very well be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    The thing about UAC is you are trained as a brawler without any additional work. Can't tier up? Grab a fist-scythe ambush the head. It's not a dagger but it gets the job done.
    I prefer a cestus or knuckle duster to the head, myself (100% crush ftw) .

The ultimate ambush weapon is the katar, but I don't think it's worth it until you have most of your other skills maxed first.

You can improve your chances uphunting using UAC with regular disables. Sweep, cheapshots, ewave, etc

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    You can improve your chances uphunting using UAC with regular disables. Sweep, cheapshots, ewave, etc
    Yes, sweep the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Yes, sweep the leg.
    No karate kid gif, meme, or video with that? Come on!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Theater of the mind, nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Theater of the mind, nerd!
    The most powerful gif engine on earth, is your imagination.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!