Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Society from CoL to GoS

1. Default Changing Society from CoL to GoS

My capped sorcerer is thinking about going GoS. But before I do, I was wondering how GoS sorcerers do in Duskruin. I usually wrack in DR. But being 3x in HP allows me to be very liberal in casting. SO I may have to change tactics and not be so flippant with my mana. Do GoS sorcerers have enough mana to complete DR?

Any other tips from GoS sorcerers on hunting would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

Yes, as a 3x gos sorcerer you can complete DR. I usually Mana focus and use a t5 ensorcell staff but mana isn't an issue if you can get your CS high enough to one shot most things.

With enhancives and heavy quartz orbs, you'll kill things with 717 about 70% of the time. The rest of the time, you either implode (assuming 2x spell aim) or 711 to finish them off. Bloodscrip rewards are no longer based on the time metrics, so you can use Pray all you like to get mana (and stamina for GoS) back in the arena.

Consume 50 mana, sigil of power (2x), burn rest of mana, mana pulse, sigil of power, pray, sigil of power, pray until everything is dead. Hopefully you won't need to pray that much, but it's there to help you finish.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-08-2019 at 04:59 PM.

why would you want to swap from col to GOS? what benefits a sorc in GOS?

the padding would be a huge bonus... at this point with 504 mana or whatever... what does COL give him?

For me, it was Sigil of Determination to cast through most wounds - usually from getting hit by a maneuver - and Sigil of Mending to quickly heal down wounds that Determination doesn't work on.

Also helpful during Duskruin - Boost Enhancive Recovery. A lot of people do Boost Enhancive Stat for a little more CS, but Recovery increases your mana and stamina pulses, which feeds more Sigil of Power usage.

I'm a society snob, and feel like Voln is probably the top tier society for sorcerers once they have sufficient mana to never need to wrack again.

1. Only society with any form of CS boosting ability (supremacy). While it only works on undead, that's usually the targets that have higher TD.
    2. Only society to offer a TD debuff that is fairly cheap to use with no RT (both diminishment and disruption).
    3. Symbol of Sleep, which is incredibly helpful for sorcerers in swarms.
    4. No society has anything comparable to Symbol of Dreams, which is really handy for post-death recovery and any time when you're burning mana for things like scroll infusion, box exploding, etc.
    5. And of course the ever powerful Seeking to easily get to all the hunting areas.

GoS is amazing for defense and utility. I have all my wizards in GoS for determination and the extra padding since they're either warmages in offensive or channeling bolts from time to time. My sorcerer is still in CoL, but eventually I'll get him into Voln. He does fine with just HCP armor and a temp exceptionally crit padded greathelm. The greathelm forces me into double leather hindrance, but it has prevented me from dying for the past few months since I started wearing the helm.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with whatever society you chose. Just felt like offering some additional points for consideration. GoS is very handy. As far as tools go, it has a lot of awesome abilities and less having to deal with favor up keep which is a plus for anyone who prefers to hunt living targets primarily.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-09-2019 at 10:08 AM.

COL just feels wild dated and like Babby's First Society. Unless 5 more AS/DS are REALLY IMPORTANT to you because BIG NUMBERS, it doesn't offer anything provided you don't have a need for Wracking as a warding caster. The sign durations are nice, staunching is useful if you're bleeding and want to continue to hunt, etc, but on the whole COL is easily the worst society. It's a toss up between GOS and Voln on a per profession basis for which is the winner. I agree that Voln seems like it meshes up really nicely with sorcerors.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    COL just feels wild dated and like Babby's First Society. Unless 5 more AS/DS are REALLY IMPORTANT to you because BIG NUMBERS, it doesn't offer anything provided you don't have a need for Wracking as a warding caster. The sign durations are nice, staunching is useful if you're bleeding and want to continue to hunt, etc, but on the whole COL is easily the worst society. It's a toss up between GOS and Voln on a per profession basis for which is the winner. I agree that Voln seems like it meshes up really nicely with sorcerors.
    Who's Babby? Are you promoting racism?! THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT BABAR THE ELEPHANT!