Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifted Creatures

Blog Entries

Making these things finally despawn is a good change.

I would rather not see them at all though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Yeah it was pretty obnoxious leaving them spawning like that for so long. It's super great when after like, a week of the things mostly being ignored the only thing left are like lustrous + tattooed and you're just like wow, this is a great system! thanks!
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    games already hard (read as infuriatingly annoying sometimes) enough as is especially for newer players. making it even more tedious with these “immune to everything self rezzing super duper” critters is just poor judgement and a scam to get us moving higher up the gear chain (read as: spend more at Dusk you fucks!)
    Name one miniboss that requires anything above basic gear to kill.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Name one miniboss that requires anything above basic gear to kill.
    David Whatley
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Any one of them could be actually. especially those ones with jacked up DS, spell immunity, or crazy cman attacks, all of which will make gear level the playing field and those without said gear have a far more difficult time.

You’re a wiz Methais, so lesser gear dependence especially on the offensive side.
    I can use most weapon types too, and I just use basic 4x shit. It can be annoying, but most are killable with my self cast non-enhanced AS. If something has some outrageously high DS and is magic immune, oh well.

In those cases it's not a gear barrier thing, it's a class barrier thing.

Have you ever went out there in 4x basic gear as a warrior and then rocked some exceptionally crit weighted falchion with heavy padding. Big diff. Bigly.
    Yup, Of course there's going to be a difference. However, the difference won't matter as to whether you can still kill the thing or not. Worst case, it will just die 1 or 2 swings slower.

But tell me more about how any of that = forcing people to be dependent on high end gear.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Magic immune stuff make me want to bail on magic goals for a sec and train THW and MOC to grab a maul and go full dwarf on a tattooed siren

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Magic immune stuff make me want to bail on magic goals for a sec and train THW and MOC to grab a maul and go full dwarf on a tattooed siren
    I could tell it was a super good system when like, 50 of the things could pileup in some areas. Like wow, people are so ENGAGED in this rich counterplay.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Couple new ones I've seen:

Dazzling - spirit dispel (fuck whoever added this one, srsly)

Indistinct - minor spirit spells (101, 103, 107)
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

So immersive. The immersivest.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Dazzling - spirit dispel (fuck whoever added this one, srsly)
    I REALLY hate the ones that absorb/dispel magic and then backlash that energy as an attack. It is super annoying to constantly refresh spells on a lower level pure that already struggles with limited mana.

Has anyone else noticed the new part added when you appraise the gifted creature(s)?

>app fae
    The greater faeroth is large in size and about seven feet high in her current state.
    The faeroth would have a slight advantage over you.
    The greater faeroth appears to be stalwart, dazzling, and ghastly.
    Last edited by wetsand; 07-10-2019 at 08:42 PM.