Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 86

Thread: Gifted Creatures

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    You thrust with a sonic lance at a ready dybbuk!
    AS: +346 vs DS: +209 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +98 = +268
    ... and hit for 110 points of damage!
    Strike to wrist severs right hand!
    The dybbuk's rusted chain falls to the ground.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    R>
    A ready dybbuk seizes the opportunity to launch a quick counterattack against you!
    [SMR result: 128 (Open d100: 94, Penalty: 9)]
    The dybbuk attack lands!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Strike to right arm cleanly severs it at the shoulder!
    You are knocked to the ground!
    You are stunned for 6 rounds!

    What is it counter-attacking with? A bite? Pounding with its' fists? A tail? Let me just check all of the different attacks that a Dybbuk has access to...




    Oh.
    So cool and immersive. Maximum engagement and suspension of disbelief achieved.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  2. Default

    Simple question: Why are they implementing all this?

    The paranoiac would say: anti-bigshot, to encourage more use of bounties, to increase hunting parties so more people = more chance to counter this or that

    The pragmatic would say: it's a way to "develop" further the game, even if it's "BAD" development and it's a way to bring people to hunt together.

    The resilient guy would simply shrug and say: same pattern with simu, they always develop stuff we don't need for who knows what reason

    The optimist guy would say: They listen to players, it's a way to force manual commands to counter this or that features.

    I used some personas of people here and we see, I think, a common root: They want to counter automation. I know, ;bigshot will be tweaked to counter some features, I'm sure. But at least they're trying.

    Question: Why are they trying to counter automation if it'd be countered?

    Another question: Why aren't they just asking players with a big survey what development we want? They said: Expect no savants, you guys were too disapointed with the last 2 professions, we don't want that anymore (wyrom)…. So why aren't they asking US what we want as development instead of bringing crap like that?

    Simple answer is: More people than you think whine on the official to counter automation, therefore they go mini-boss and that gifted stuff to counter it… that's my theory as they know WHO the whales are (and I HIGHLY doubt the whales are ;bigshotters).
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,941
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    [SMR result: 128 (Open d100: 94, Penalty: 9)]

    He was pretty unlucky too though.
    Losing an arm on a 28 endroll is balls though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Simple question: Why are they implementing all this?

    The paranoiac would say: anti-bigshot, to encourage more use of bounties, to increase hunting parties so more people = more chance to counter this or that

    The pragmatic would say: it's a way to "develop" further the game, even if it's "BAD" development and it's a way to bring people to hunt together.

    The resilient guy would simply shrug and say: same pattern with simu, they always develop stuff we don't need for who knows what reason

    The optimist guy would say: They listen to players, it's a way to force manual commands to counter this or that features.

    I used some personas of people here and we see, I think, a common root: They want to counter automation. I know, ;bigshot will be tweaked to counter some features, I'm sure. But at least they're trying.

    Question: Why are they trying to counter automation if it'd be countered?

    Another question: Why aren't they just asking players with a big survey what development we want? They said: Expect no savants, you guys were too disapointed with the last 2 professions, we don't want that anymore (wyrom)…. So why aren't they asking US what we want as development instead of bringing crap like that?

    Simple answer is: More people than you think whine on the official to counter automation, therefore they go mini-boss and that gifted stuff to counter it… that's my theory as they know WHO the whales are (and I HIGHLY doubt the whales are ;bigshotters).
    I think it's just a really horrible attempt by Simu to make hunting less monotonous. Simu typically comes up with ideas that are good on paper but an absolute train wreck in execution, and then they double down on it.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    The eaisest most obvious explanation is they are jacking up the difficulty to create further reliance on gear.

    I just don’t understand why you all are so repusled accepting the fucking 100% most simple obvi-fucking-usly answer. Seriously why?
    You don't need any type of non-basic gear to kill these. We've been over this a million times. Stop being dumb.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I think it's just a really horrible attempt by Simu to make enchanting less monotonous. Simu typically comes up with ideas that are good on paper but an absolute train wreck in execution, and then they double down on it.
    Fixed.

    Oh wait, nevermind.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    Fixed.

    Oh wait, nevermind.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    166

    Default

    HAHAHAHA!

    Some of you guys and the poor, shitty results this has given and how it has impacted you in some hunts from the clips posted....glad my supervisor isn't in the room or she'd be wondering why I'm sitting here laughing my ass off.

    I do feel your pain, though.

    The first round of "gifted creatures" had my wizard, while hunting Bonespear, caught in a stupid SMRv2 loop from a waern. The damn thing kept using an ability to basically mind jolt him, over and over again. He was caught up in a crap-tastic buildup of RT and stuns. After a couple minutes I said fuck it and logged off for the day.

    I complained about it and Ixix said that shouldn't be happening and fixed it, but it was enough to put a sour taste in my mouth with these stupid gifted creatures. You see some "mini boss" roaming in your area and all it does it takes longer to kill (if you can) and you get nothing from it. I tend to ignore them, but then again, I haven't been out hunting since I maxed my wizard's essence - since they're still using the old system, I have no reason to put 12 hours a week into building up essence on them. So I haven't come across any gifted creatures in a while.
    Last edited by drumpel; 07-11-2019 at 12:58 PM.

  9. #39

    Default

    So fucking lame, dumbass thing walked into the room and BAM:

    A swirling burst of essence lashes out from a flashy waern, consuming nearby magical energy!
    You lose your extra internal fortitude.
    The elemental aura around xxxxx fluxes chaotically!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Head explodes in flames! Grab some marshmallows.
    The brilliant aura fades away from you.
    Your SIGN OF STAUNCHING is no longer effective.
    The very powerful look leaves you.
    The white light leaves you.
    The dim aura fades from around you.
    The misty halo fades from you.
    The air calms down around you.
    The light blue glow leaves you.
    The deep blue glow leaves you.
    The opalescent aura fades from around you.
    Like sand through an hourglass, your visions of the future slip away and fade from your mind.
    Your heart hammers suddenly in your chest before failing entirely. Even the influence of Troll's Blood is not enough to change the fact of your death.
    Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
    You feel your forehead pulse as your mind relaxes.
    Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.
    The powerful look leaves you.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    So fucking lame, dumbass thing walked into the room and BAM:

    A swirling burst of essence lashes out from a flashy waern, consuming nearby magical energy!
    You lose your extra internal fortitude.
    The elemental aura around xxxxx fluxes chaotically!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Head explodes in flames! Grab some marshmallows.
    The brilliant aura fades away from you.
    Your SIGN OF STAUNCHING is no longer effective.
    The very powerful look leaves you.
    The white light leaves you.
    The dim aura fades from around you.
    The misty halo fades from you.
    The air calms down around you.
    The light blue glow leaves you.
    The deep blue glow leaves you.
    The opalescent aura fades from around you.
    Like sand through an hourglass, your visions of the future slip away and fade from your mind.
    Your heart hammers suddenly in your chest before failing entirely. Even the influence of Troll's Blood is not enough to change the fact of your death.
    Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
    You feel your forehead pulse as your mind relaxes.
    Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.
    The powerful look leaves you.
    That does suck, and it looks like you're purely self spelled too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •