Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Unionization movement amongst gaming employees

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I was initially typing out how I would love that, but the fact is that this is my slow season (even if it isn't particularly slow for me). End of year in September probably means a lot of prep when the weather is nice. If I wanted to, I could cut out of work early today and go fishing or golfing, which now that I'm thinking about it seems like it might happen. Winter here is like 9 months long. Gotta get out and do stuff while the stuff doin' is good.
    It is really only about a week of more than usual workload these days. Accounting systems are a lot better than they used to be, well, at companies that actual upgrade their accounting systems. A lot are still using shit from the 80s.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is really only about a week of more than usual workload these days. Accounting systems are a lot better than they used to be, well, at companies that actual upgrade their accounting systems. A lot are still using shit from the 80s.
    I spend most of my days during the slow season piping data through ODBC to a SQL database because in 2015 my company thought it was a great idea to install a database written for a car company in the 1970s to replace the accounting software and "database" they'd been using prior. And that would be true if they'd paid to have it custom tailored to the business. They did not. It still has references to car manufacturing all over the place.

Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-20-2019 at 01:08 PM.