Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Unionization movement amongst gaming employees

The amount of derp is astounding.

Like paid vacation? Like 5 day work weeks? Like overtime? Like the 8 hour workday? The list goes on.

We can thank unions for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post

Like paid vacation? Like 5 day work weeks? Like overtime? Like the 8 hour workday? The list goes on.

We can thank laws for part of that. Vacation pay? I've had vacation pay in every job I've had, and I've only had one union job in my life.

Again we can recognize the good things unions have done in the past without saying they are still necessary or even good today. And of course every union is different. The union I belonged to had an office in D fucking C for some reason that they were paying a fortune on with my union dues. Why the hell do we need an office thousands of miles away from where I worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    We can thank laws for part of that. Vacation pay? I've had vacation pay in every job I've had, and I've only had one union job in my life.

Again we can recognize the good things unions have done in the past without saying they are still necessary or even good today. And of course every union is different. The union I belonged to had an office in D fucking C for some reason that they were paying a fortune on with my union dues. Why the hell do we need an office thousands of miles away from where I worked?
    Some things we agree on, some we don't. Is every union a champion of the worker? No, some have been corrupted. Are they still needed? I think so. In our "let the buyer beware" society you bet your ass we should remain vigilant about our rights.

Our champion speaks!

I haven't had a paid vacation in 14 years. Maybe I should unionize!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I haven't had a paid vacation in 14 years. Maybe I should unionize!
    I checked my non union pay stub today. I have over 400 hours of sick leave, 600 hours of vacation. If I walked out the door right now company would owe me over 50G in payout. This is after I had heart surgery last year.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

Meant to add, but I have a boss. You don’t, so there are pros and cons.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Let's gather 'round while ol' Tgo01 tells you a story about a coworker he had at his union job.

We were required to take 8 calls an hour, they wanted 10+ calls an hour but 8 was the minimum. Tgo01 being the good employee that he is took 12+ calls an hour.

Well this special coworker took 2 or 3 calls a day. Yes, 2 or 3 calls A DAY when 8 AN HOUR was the minimum. Could she be fired? Nope, too much seniority. When it came time for our office to be shut down did they let her go first to see if that could save some money to keep the office opened? Nope. They offered her a buyout, giving her 2 years salary, and with these 2 years added on to her time at the company she had enough years to retire with full benefits.

What happened to Tgo01, the model employee? He was laid off with a month's worth of compensation.

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine why companies hate unions.

And I don't begrudge the lady, she was one of the nicest people I have ever known, but there were some real pieces of shit at that place too who were complete dicks and also skated by because of the union. The worst offenders were the shop stewards because management kissed their ass as much as possible and the shop stewards managed to "lose" complaints lodged against management.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Let's gather 'round while ol' Tgo01 tells you a story about a coworker he had at his union job.

We were required to take 8 calls an hour, they wanted 10+ calls an hour but 8 was the minimum. Tgo01 being the good employee that he is took 12+ calls an hour.

Well this special coworker took 2 or 3 calls a day. Yes, 2 or 3 calls A DAY when 8 AN HOUR was the minimum. Could she be fired? Nope, too much seniority. When it came time for our office to be shut down did they let her go first to see if that could save some money to keep the office opened? Nope. They offered her a buyout, giving her 2 years salary, and with these 2 years added on to her time at the company she had enough years to retire with full benefits.

What happened to Tgo01, the model employee? He was laid off with a month's worth of compensation.

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine why companies hate unions.

And I don't begrudge the lady, she was one of the nicest people I have ever known, but there were some real pieces of shit at that place too who were complete dicks and also skated by because of the union. The worst offenders were the shop stewards because management kissed their ass as much as possible and the shop stewards managed to "lose" complaints lodged against management.
    If you are a bad employee that doesn't give a shit... you need to be in a union.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I'm not in a union and I get all that with my job. Just got bumped up to 3 weeks vacation per year too.

Weird. How can this be with no union?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    This is after I had shart surgery last year.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible