Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Unionization movement amongst gaming employees

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Fixed.
    Is that like when they fix your turd cutter?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm not in a union and I get all that with my job. Just got bumped up to 3 weeks vacation per year too.

Weird. How can this be with no union?
    Is 3 weeks considered good? I started at 4 and am up to 7 right now.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Blog Entries

The military gave me 4 weeks a year and we were pretty much slaves!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Is 3 weeks considered good? I started at 4 and am up to 7 right now.
    They start out at 2 here and then add another week to it here and there.

Most days here are paid vacation anyway since I usually have tons of downtime and just fuck around on the internet most days.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yah. That certainly helps. I get seven weeks but I can only carry over 40 hours into the next year. I rarely take time off from November through March....so I end up losing at least a week every year
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Yah. That certainly helps. I get seven weeks but I can only carry over 40 hours into the next year. I rarely take time off from November through March....so I end up losing at least a week every year
    I read a statistic saying that something like 50% of workers that do have paid vacation give it up every year, to the tune of 62 billion dollars. Forget exactly where I saw it. Nevermind. Here it is - https://www.ustravel.org/research/st...-vacation-2018

That said, I try like hell to use mine up because I don't get any rollover, but yeah, November-March for me as well is the most busy season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I read a statistic saying that something like 50% of workers that do have paid vacation give it up every year, to the tune of 62 billion dollars. Forget exactly where I saw it. Nevermind. Here it is - https://www.ustravel.org/research/st...-vacation-2018

That said, I try like hell to use mine up because I don't get any rollover, but yeah, November-March for me as well is the most busy season.
    I think that is due to having holidays whenever they'd be planning to take the vacations anyways.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think that is due to having holidays whenever they'd be planning to take the vacations anyways.
    Could be. Lot of "normal" days off stacked towards the end of the year. End of the year is also super crunch time for just about any business that sells anything though for that same reason, so there's a lot more work to be done. I'm a little luckier in that my busy season starts tapering off about a month or two prior to the end of the fiscal year, but I get hit hard a month earlier for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Could be. Lot of "normal" days off stacked towards the end of the year. End of the year is also super crunch time for just about any business that sells anything though for that same reason, so there's a lot more work to be done. I'm a little luckier in that my busy season starts tapering off about a month or two prior to the end of the fiscal year, but I get hit hard a month earlier for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas.
    My family was all oil and accounting, their end of the year is September. Their offices were generall dead for the last two weeks of Dec and the first 2 weeks of January.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    My family was all oil and accounting, their end of the year is September. Their offices were generall dead for the last two weeks of Dec and the first 2 weeks of January.
    I was initially typing out how I would love that, but the fact is that this is my slow season (even if it isn't particularly slow for me). End of year in September probably means a lot of prep when the weather is nice. If I wanted to, I could cut out of work early today and go fishing or golfing, which now that I'm thinking about it seems like it might happen. Winter here is like 9 months long. Gotta get out and do stuff while the stuff doin' is good.