Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Unionization movement amongst gaming employees

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Why are they bad, specifically in 2019? Are you making some weird point that business owners suddenly started giving a shit about their drones sometime between reluctantly getting rid of things like child labor and now?

    Cause holy shit, bad news for you.
    Nowadays I think it's mostly a combination of laws, regulations, social pressure, and a worker shortage, at least depending on the type of job. 100 years ago there were way too many people and not enough jobs so workers were easily replaceable. Now with training, experience, and not one fourth of the whole country unemployed it's not as easy for an employer to just fire everyone who steps out of line. Some companies go to great lengths specifically to not lose workers because of what a pain in the ass it is to get a qualified and suitable replacement.

    I'm not saying unions didn't serve a purpose at one time and don't serve a purpose today, but they aren't exactly what they were decades ago. Remember when Hostess had to sell off their Twinkie brand because the union would rather see the company go bankrupt then work with the company? Or how about that UAW fiasco years ago when it was reported that the union owned a 30 million dollar golf course or some shit. Some unions have become more corrupt than the company they fight against.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-19-2019 at 12:57 PM.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Methais View Post
    They aren’t drones though. There is a shit ton of difference between good and bad programmers.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  3. #63

    Default

    Seriously can we just get a mod already? Make me a mod, I promise to only use my powers for good. And by good I mean whatever pleases me at any given time.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Nowadays I think it's mostly a combination of laws, regulations, social pressure, and a worker shortage, at least depending on the type of job. 100 years ago there were way too many people and not enough jobs so workers were easily replaceable. Now with training, experience, and not one fourth of the whole country unemployed it's not as easy for an employer to just fire everyone who steps out of line. Some companies go to great lengths specifically to not lose workers because of what a pain in the ass it is to get a qualified and suitable replacement.

    I'm not saying unions didn't serve a purpose at one time and don't serve a purpose today, but they aren't exactly what they were decades ago. Remember when Hostess had to sell off their Twinkie brand because the union would rather see the company go bankrupt then work with the company? Or how about that UAW fiasco years ago when it was reported that the union owned a 30 million dollar golf course or some shit. Some unions have become more corrupt than the company they fight against.
    I'll take "shit industrial magnates from 1970 said" for 500 alex.

    I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence that nearly every CEO ever is completely against unions and collective bargaining agreements. I bet it's because they CARE and are trying to save you from getting Hostess'd. Good point.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,729
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Nowadays I think it's mostly a combination of laws, regulations, social pressure, and a worker shortage, at least depending on the type of job. 100 years ago there were way too many people and not enough jobs so workers were easily replaceable. Now with training, experience, and not one fourth of the whole country unemployed it's not as easy for an employer to just fire everyone who steps out of line. Some companies go to great lengths specifically to not lose workers because of what a pain in the ass it is to get a qualified and suitable replacement.
    What field are you working in where the business altruistically self-regulates, everyone is a highly valued employee, and the union is useless?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,772
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Seriously can we just get a mod already? Make me a mod, I promise to only use my powers for good. And by good I mean whatever pleases me at any given time.
    You could have been a mod but you removed yourself from the poll you fucking retard.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Why are they bad, specifically in 2019? Are you making some weird point that business owners suddenly started giving a shit about their drones sometime between reluctantly getting rid of things like child labor and now?

    Cause holy shit, bad news for you.
    What is bad, specifically in 2019, about employers who want to limit costs and run lean efficient machines with profit as an end goal?

    Cause without for profit organizations, holy shit, bad news for everyone.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I'll take "shit industrial magnates from 1970 said" for 500 alex.

    I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence that nearly every CEO ever is completely against unions and collective bargaining agreements. I bet it's because they CARE and are trying to save you from getting Hostess'd. Good point.
    I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence the nearly every employee without threat of becoming unemployed would simply do nothing but collect their check. Because they CARE if a company is profitable or not.

    How many employees of the government do you think CARE about government waste? That is the nearest approximation to a protected class employee I can think of.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I'll take "shit industrial magnates from 1970 said" for 500 alex.

    I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence that nearly every CEO ever is completely against unions and collective bargaining agreements. I bet it's because they CARE and are trying to save you from getting Hostess'd. Good point.
    Of course they're against unions.

    Companies are almost universally against taxes and regulations too. Who would have thought that a company would be against something that hinders the operation of their business? So weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    What field are you working in where the business altruistically self-regulates, everyone is a highly valued employee, and the union is useless?
    Businesses don't 100% self regulate, but with lawsuits flying around like they do they err on the side of caution a lot more than they did 100 years ago.

    time4fun is apparently not in a union and makes half a million a year with a gender studies degree. She is proof of what I'm saying!

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You could have been a mod but you removed yourself from the poll you fucking retard.
    I know, won't make that mistake again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •