Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Maintenance Work on ALL Servers 6/18/19 10:30 AM - 3 PM ET

Default Official: Maintenance Work on ALL Servers 6/18/19 10:30 AM - 3 PM ET

Our co-lo, where the Simutronics servers are located, needs to do some work on the electrical line leading to our area. We will need to shut down all of the servers while they do their work starting at 10:30 AM ET. We will do additional preventative server maintenance during the outage. This should take 4-5 hours. We anticipate restarting around 3 PM ET.

This means everything will be closed: games, website, forums, wiki, store.

Anytime you shut down a computer that has been running for years without a restart, there is a chance that it will not restart properly. If that happens, the affected server will be slower restarting than the rest while we work on it. We will update you if that occurs and delays any of the key parts returning to service.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Our co-lo, where the Simutronics servers are located, needs to do some work on the electrical line leading to our area. We will need to shut down all of the servers while they do their work starting at 10:30 AM ET. We will do additional preventative server maintenance during the outage. This should take 4-5 hours. We anticipate restarting around 3 PM ET.

This means everything will be closed: games, website, forums, wiki, store.

Anytime you shut down a computer that has been running for years without a restart, there is a chance that it will not restart properly. If that happens, the affected server will be slower restarting than the rest while we work on it. We will update you if that occurs and delays any of the key parts returning to service.
    "During the planned maintenance, we discovered a bug that caused wizards to exist, and we have removed them from the game. Any existing wizards have been converted to monks. Thank you for your patience."
    Last edited by Methais; 06-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Gg
    standing between the living and the dead

Anytime you shut down a computer that has been running for years without a restart, there is a chance that it will not restart properly.
    "Yeah so it's been rebooted but everyone now has no characters. DR in 30 minutes to make up for this."

Blog Entries

Anytime you shut down a computer that has been running for years without a restart, there is a chance that it will not restart properly.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    "During the planned maintenance, we discovered a bug that caused wizards to exist, and we have removed them from the game. Any existing wizards have been converted to monks. Thank you for your patience."
    "In order to make your gaming experience more realistic, during the planned maintenance we have implemented a Confluence-like random 1-4 second movement round-time system in all wilderness areas. This round-time can be negated by riding on a horse."

"In order to make your gaming experience more realistic, during the planned maintenance we have implemented a Confluence-like random 1-4 second movement round-time system in all wilderness areas. This round-time can be negated by riding on a horse."
    "Due to player demand for more realism, and in order to preserve the realism of a new beginning after the server restart, we have stripped all players of all belongings and wiped out all bank accounts and made everyone level 0. No need to worry, everyone's FAME is still intact, as we realize that this is a critically important feature of Gemstone IV."
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It would be WILD if this was how GSIV finally ended

Like it just never comes back after the restart

Not with a bang, but with a whimper

Blog Entries

Damn, I was going to reactivate my account and buy thousands of dollars worth of SimuCoins at exactly this time window. Oh well, guess I'll spend it on ESO crowns instead.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    It would be WILD if this was how GSIV finally ended

Like it just never comes back after the restart

Not with a bang, but with a whimper
    If you ever thought GS was going to go out with a bang... Well... Don't know what to tell you.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam