Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lich installation help

1. Default Lich installation help

After 2 days of frustration and trying to get lich installed on 2 different computers, I cannot seem to get past the "sqlite3" installtion, I always get the prompt when starting lich, but it never installs.

I am actually willing to pay someone smarter than me $20 to remote into my machine and get this running for me. Any takers? Please hit my inbox.

Thanks,

Brian

If Win10 you should just download the self-installer found here: https://gswiki.play.net/Lich_(software)#Windows and let it do it for you. Easy peasy, pumpkin squeezey.

Can you tell us what version of Windows you're on and what install methods/directions you've done so far?
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

3. Default

I am on Win10, I did try the installer after my initial failures and was very hopeful as it started installing gems and what not, still got the "sqlite3" error though, except this time, it went into a loop of repeatedly trying to install sqlite3 instead of just "going nowhere".

When I used the installer it installed a newer version of ruby, not one of the ones Tillmen recommended, and I thought that might be the issue?

4. Default

Also - tried the installer on the the second computer and the file got quarantined by my work anti-virus, so THAT's out... also I might be in a little trouble...

Before you tried the Win10 installer had you gone and deleted the old versions of ruby and of lich completely?

6. Default

I uninstalled them using the control panel, looking at the instructions now, I am not 100% sure if i deleted the ruby folders after I uninstalled, I will try again when I get home.

Thanks,

Brian

My experience has been that you need to do a bit of a deep dive to get all of the old stuff out before you try again. Let us know.

8. Default

Well, after 3 tries of "clean up" and install, I actually got the lich "game entry" window to open, but when i hit the "play" button, the launcher closes but the game does not launch.

Any ideas? I am able to enter the game via the simu launcher using stormfront.

Thanks,

Brian

9. Default

Well, after 3 tries of "clean up" and install, I actually got the lich "game entry" window to open, but when i hit the "play" button, the launcher closes but the game does not launch.

Any ideas? I am able to enter the game via the simu launcher using stormfront.

I am getting this text from the debug file, "temp" folder:

2019-06-17 17:39:17: info: Lich 4.6.49
    2019-06-17 17:39:17: info: Ruby 2.4.5
    2019-06-17 17:39:17: info: x64-mingw32
    2019-06-17 17:39:17: info: no force-mode info given
    2019-06-17 17:39:43: error: failed to find the Simutronics launcher

The launcher is definitely insdtalled....

Maybe a path error?

Thanks,

Brian

For some odd reason, when I used the Win10 installer, I had the exact same issue. I just deleted the original shortcut that the installer put on my desktop and created a new desktop shortcut to lich.rbw and it worked fine.