Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Careful with those urchin runner contracts, huge bug

I realize I am the minority on this one, but I'm all for disarm not being fun, which could be through a timesink clusteruck. Item loss is ballsack and should never happen at this point in the game, but does it have to be nerfed into oblivion? Death has been made trivial and I think that sucks. Disarm could be cool, and it SHOULD remain troubling enough to be a pro/con choice of hunting grounds. I've seen a lot of folks complain about "never using their choice weapon" for fear of disarm, then also getting all up in arms at the idea they might lose their item for 24 hours. Thats still a HUGE improvement on where they are at isn't it? Really the big change should be in how the lost item is handle in the hunting ground. I saw a de-legged skeleton giant lying in a room once and I left him. He stayed for HOURS. I named him something stupid and he was my homie for a while, but I digress. If the lost item kept the critter from despawning (as apparently some things can do) most folks would be able to reacquire their items. There is still player theft which would require a bit more fine tuned approach, but just keeping the creature/item from despawning would take care of MOST problems requiring an assist.

Graverobbing is super fucked though.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

As far as I understand the recovery system being worked on simply replaces having GMs pull them manually from janitor repository, you pay some silvers and bounty points and voila, you have it back. But if another player picks it up while it was on the ground, you're still shit out of luck.

Disarm could be cool
    Ask Zoleta how she's enjoying the disarm experience.

I just don't think there's any justification for your item leaving your possession involuntarily when Simu themselves have created a system/events (DR, etc) where you can pump hundreds/thousands into your item if you so choose. They can't have it both ways. P2W uber items, OR forcing items from your hands - not both.

For the millionth time, they should have just turned it into Sunder Weapon and been done with this absolutely ages ago. Incur RT, remove parry defense from the weapon, weapon unusable for X amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    I realize I am the minority on this one, but I'm all for disarm not being fun, which could be through a timesink clusteruck. Item loss is ballsack and should never happen at this point in the game, but does it have to be nerfed into oblivion? Death has been made trivial and I think that sucks. Disarm could be cool, and it SHOULD remain troubling enough to be a pro/con choice of hunting grounds. I've seen a lot of folks complain about "never using their choice weapon" for fear of disarm, then also getting all up in arms at the idea they might lose their item for 24 hours. Thats still a HUGE improvement on where they are at isn't it? Really the big change should be in how the lost item is handle in the hunting ground. I saw a de-legged skeleton giant lying in a room once and I left him. He stayed for HOURS. I named him something stupid and he was my homie for a while, but I digress. If the lost item kept the critter from despawning (as apparently some things can do) most folks would be able to reacquire their items. There is still player theft which would require a bit more fine tuned approach, but just keeping the creature/item from despawning would take care of MOST problems requiring an assist.

Graverobbing is super fucked though.
    The main issue is that there's zero confidence that Simu will do anything to make it anything less than the most stupid most senseless shit ever, to the point where people would probably prefer old (current) Disarm.

They're that stupid now. They've always been stupid, but they're dumber than they've ever been these days.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-18-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I just don't think there's any justification for your item leaving your possession involuntarily when Simu themselves have created a system/events (DR, etc) where you can pump hundreds/thousands into your item if you so choose. They can't have it both ways. P2W uber items, OR forcing items from your hands - not both.

For the millionth time, they should have just turned it into Sunder Weapon and been done with this absolutely ages ago. Incur RT, remove parry defense from the weapon, weapon unusable for X amount of time.
    That's exactly the thing. They give ways to spend ludicrous amounts on items and still would give you the "too bad so sad" line if a player picks it up. Quite ridiculous, particularly with how easy disarm is to fix. Any of these would do:

1. Strip disarm from creatures that have it. Then spend 15 years thinking of how you can re-implement it. Boom, done!

2. Replace disarm code with incurred RT instead. Such and such knocks your sword to the ground! You scramble to pick it up! RT: 15 seconds. Done! So simple, so easy. Why make something more difficult than it has to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    That's exactly the thing. They give ways to spend ludicrous amounts on items and still would give you the "too bad so sad" line if a player picks it up. Quite ridiculous, particularly with how easy disarm is to fix. Any of these would do:

1. Strip disarm from creatures that have it. Then spend 15 years thinking of how you can re-implement it. Boom, done!

2. Replace disarm code with incurred RT instead. Such and such knocks your sword to the ground! You scramble to pick it up! RT: 15 seconds. Done! So simple, so easy. Why make something more difficult than it has to be?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Exactly as I stated, you want it nerfed to complete nothingness. Sunder weapon? Ooh, 10 seconds without your weapon. lame.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Exactly as I stated, you want it nerfed to complete nothingness. Sunder weapon? Ooh, 10 seconds without your weapon. lame.
    How is that different than picking up your weapon after 10 seconds?

Item loss in a P2W game, especially shit like GS where shit goes for hundreds/thousands of dollars is bullshit and everyone knows it.

The only people who still care about having item loss are you and Krakii.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How is that different than picking up your weapon after 10 seconds?

Item loss in a P2W game, especially shit like GS where shit goes for hundreds/thousands of dollars is bullshit and everyone knows it.

The only people who still care about having item loss are you and Krakii.
    Are you not reading what I wrote?
    Are you stupid as fuck?
    are you deliberately trying to mischaracterize what I am saying?

Pick one, cause I was pretty fucking clear about item loss yet somehow you act like you don't understand.

i don't think that anyone would complain about the rt for such actions happening after you managed to grab your weapon, like Ryjex's thought. as far as being clear as to what you wrote...10 seconds without a weapon, lame. Yeah that's clear as mud.