Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Careful with those urchin runner contracts, huge bug

Default Careful with those urchin runner contracts, huge bug

You remove an urchin guide contract from in your bear hide backpack.
    >
    As you move to indicate your acceptance on the contract, you stop for a few seconds to ponder the consequences of doing so.

[Writing your acceptance will extend your current access to the urchin guides of the Elanthian Merchants Guild until 1/4/2038. If this is acceptable to you, WRITE your acceptance on the contract again within the next 30 seconds.]

Roundtime: 3 sec.
    Roundtime changed to 1 second.
    R>
    You absorb 96 experience points.
    >>
    You mark your acceptance on the contract. As you do, it glows brightly for a moment before it whisks itself out of your hands and vanishes!
    [Your access to the urchin guides will expire on 1/4/2038 13:10:26 CST. You may access the guides while in-town via the URCHIN command.]

R>
    >
    As you move to indicate your acceptance on the contract, you stop for a few seconds to ponder the consequences of doing so.

[Writing your acceptance will extend your current access to the urchin guides of the Elanthian Merchants Guild until 1/14/2038. If this is acceptable to you, WRITE your acceptance on the contract again within the next 30 seconds.]

R>
    [LNet]-GSIV:Alatarion: "deck*"
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    R>
    >
    You mark your acceptance on the contract. As you do, it glows brightly for a moment before it whisks itself out of your hands and vanishes!
    [Your access to the urchin guides will expire on 1/14/2038 13:10:26 CST. You may access the guides while in-town via the URCHIN command.]

R>
    Commander Roblar just arrived.
    >
    Commander Roblar just went south.
    >

[Writing your acceptance will extend your current access to the urchin guides of the Elanthian Merchants Guild until 52/52/1967. If this is acceptable to you, WRITE your acceptance on the contract again within the next 30 seconds.]

R>
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    R>
    [Your access to the urchin guides will expire on 52/52/1967 0-17:0-17:0-50 CST. You may access the guides while in-town via the URCHIN command.]

R>
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    >
    But you are not holding that.
    >
    >

[Writing your acceptance will grant you an access to the urchin guides of the Elanthian Merchants Guild until 6/26/2019. If this is acceptable to you, WRITE your acceptance on the contract again within the next 30 seconds.]

Yeah, roblar hit that too. Apparently its the next (and for some reason MORE problematic) Y2K style bug. Roblar brought it up and I thought they fixed it by putting a cap on it somewhere?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Well, they certainly didn't fix it, I lost a lot of contracts cause I didn't notice the date change.

Time ends on January 19, 2038 03:14:08 GMT

At least now we know the latest date GS will stop working.

Yep, there will be a cap put in to prevent going past the date.

They'll restore your urchin status to whichever safe date before it rolls over.

See you in 2038! (hopefully)

Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Time ends on January 19, 2038 03:14:08 GMT
    And Disarm will still exist in its current form.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    And Disarm will still exist in its current form.
    I love how "and disarm still won't be fixed" is like the Gemstone equivalent of "still a better love story than Twilight"

also: GM's and not just fixing the worst fucking things in the game is in fact still a better love story than Twilight
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

It rules that Disarm itself is literally going to remain exactly as it is even with the 'disarm updates'. They're just going to implement some complicated timesink clusterfuck item recovery. Disarm is going to remain disarm. And that, friends, is a hearty lmao