Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounts: Fast Travel

tfw...you realize an in game mount costs more real money than a real mount...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    tfw...you realize an in game mount costs more real money than a real mount...
    RL horses can't take you across the US once a day though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Be honest though.. how many of you fucktards got a horse! fess up!
    Literally 0 dollars on this event. I was bullish on this bullshit microtransaction slippery slope to begin with, but I did break down the most recent DR (previously i bought a couple things with silver, which is supporting simucoins via proxy i know)

If a "fast travel" mount or WR containers would have been reasonably priced, I would have probably bit. But ~150 dollars for the "cheap" tier of WR on an epic deep, and ~300 for once a day caravan like travel that unless I'm reading it wrong is character bound...are you out of your fucking mind? Fuck you people with barbrie dream horses reinforcing this behavior. This is ridiculous pricing. If there was consistent dev happening outside of these events, i'd get it. You could roll that value prop all together, but the only fucking thing of note released in the last year consisted of like, 1 new spell for clerics and really minor tweaks to existing things. That's it. The end. Nothing else outside of more microtransctions funding dev work for microtransactions.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Literally 0 dollars on this event. I was bullish on this bullshit microtransaction slippery slope to begin with, but I did break down the most recent DR (previously i bought a couple things with silver, which is supporting simucoins via proxy i know)

If a "fast travel" mount or WR containers would have been reasonably priced, I would have probably bit. But ~150 dollars for the "cheap" tier of WR on an epic deep, and ~300 for once a day caravan like travel that unless I'm reading it wrong is character bound...are you out of your fucking mind? Fuck you people with barbrie dream horses reinforcing this behavior. This is ridiculous pricing. If there was consistent dev happening outside of these events, i'd get it. You could roll that value prop all together, but the only fucking thing of note released in the last year consisted of like, 1 new spell for clerics and really minor tweaks to existing things. That's it. The end. Nothing else outside of more microtransctions funding dev work for microtransactions.
    Shit like this festival is really what is keeping me from staying around. I'd imagine it isn't just me that feels this way. I don't mind pay festivals, but these ridiculous and blatant cash grabs are just fucking stupid.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You have to be really careful these days investing in new items they release. They often release buggy stuff and never fix it. ie. Treasure Sacks, I probably spent 30-40m on mine, which is not a ton, but still alot for me. Items with the same exact name dont stack, basically very few things actually stack inside these sacks, making them kind of pointless. Especially now that they are offering weight reduction as a service now at Rumor Woods. The treasure sack is pretty much a piece of junk now. Not really any point to them at all, so from now on I will wait until after-market or until second round of an event to invest in something. It's just too risky with all of the shitty items they never fix out there now.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 06-16-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post

Pretty much same. The pricing at this event was so insane that it wasn't enough to entice me to bite the bullet on an 11th currency. I'll wait for DR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Shit like this festival is really what is keeping me from staying around. I'd imagine it isn't just me that feels this way. I don't mind pay festivals, but these ridiculous and blatant cash grabs are just fucking stupid.
    Yeah, same. I don't feel comfortable giving Simu any money since none of it leads to more game dev, just continually increasing paid events. There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, same. I don't feel comfortable giving Simu any money since none of it leads to more game dev, just continually increasing paid events. There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    paying for the enchant change that was so poorly done it had to be nearly entirely scrapped and rewritten and we're over a month in for it and still don't even have some of the basic functionality promised like the potion vendor! TADAAAAAA
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    When you point out that a sub is meant to cover development cost, do you catch a ban?
    Last edited by Astray; 06-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    When you point out that a sub is meant to cover development cost, do you catch a ban?
    Mostly just "feel free to unsub then" comments.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.