Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounts: Fast Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Literally 0 dollars on this event. I was bullish on this bullshit microtransaction slippery slope to begin with, but I did break down the most recent DR (previously i bought a couple things with silver, which is supporting simucoins via proxy i know)

If a "fast travel" mount or WR containers would have been reasonably priced, I would have probably bit. But ~150 dollars for the "cheap" tier of WR on an epic deep, and ~300 for once a day caravan like travel that unless I'm reading it wrong is character bound...are you out of your fucking mind? Fuck you people with barbrie dream horses reinforcing this behavior. This is ridiculous pricing. If there was consistent dev happening outside of these events, i'd get it. You could roll that value prop all together, but the only fucking thing of note released in the last year consisted of like, 1 new spell for clerics and really minor tweaks to existing things. That's it. The end. Nothing else outside of more microtransctions funding dev work for microtransactions.
    Pretty much same. The pricing at this event was so insane that it wasn't enough to entice me to bite the bullet on an 11th currency. I'll wait for DR.

2. Default

If we can get serious for the next 30 seconds. The one thing that really scares me out of all this is it that it ALL feels like a “smash-n-grab” job. Doesn’t anyone else kinda get those vibes?

Think about it, the frequency of these SimuScam events, the absolute half-assedness of even the marquee items, and the absolute insane price gouging.

I know people have said this and been saying this forever. But... But... from all this shit plus vague mentions by StillFront company reports alluding to the life of this game at 5 years (from 2017) one has to wonder.

Food for thought and you know the old addage , “all good things...” eventually at least.

So maybe don’t “invest” too heavily into the game. I don’t want any of you to wake up and see a big ass “thanks for the memories” by Whatley or whatever.
    Last edited by Koars Light; 06-16-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Shit like this festival is really what is keeping me from staying around. I'd imagine it isn't just me that feels this way. I don't mind pay festivals, but these ridiculous and blatant cash grabs are just fucking stupid.
    Yeah, same. I don't feel comfortable giving Simu any money since none of it leads to more game dev, just continually increasing paid events. There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, same. I don't feel comfortable giving Simu any money since none of it leads to more game dev, just continually increasing paid events. There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    paying for the enchant change that was so poorly done it had to be nearly entirely scrapped and rewritten and we're over a month in for it and still don't even have some of the basic functionality promised like the potion vendor! TADAAAAAA
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

There are people on discord saying that this stuff is what keeps the doors open. What's your subscription for, then?
    When you point out that a sub is meant to cover development cost, do you catch a ban?
    Last edited by Astray; 06-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    When you point out that a sub is meant to cover development cost, do you catch a ban?
    They do for Discord.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Mostly just "feel free to unsub then" comments.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Which is fucking retarded. There are MUDs out without sub fees that manage to stay open. Fucking Aardwolf has 245 people on right now and is free from what I can tell. Some people drank too much kool-aide.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

9. Default

Rohese who quit recently came back and now owns 2 horses and a fucking stable (and probably a shit ton of accessories to go with). Let’s face the fact that Simuhas a cult. They have a fucking cult who are willing to give any amounts to the church of Simu.

Mostly just "feel free to unsub then" comments.
    Poor bastards.