Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounts: Fast Travel

Mobile storage would be something interesting.
    ..:: My Wares ::..

WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Taking bets!

If Simu someday adds mobile storage to mounts will it:

A) Be a free upgrade
    B) Be an unlockable upgrade that costs real life money, either directly or indirectly?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Oh yeah? That’s nothing...

Basic Horsemanship Stablemaster Ride horses Everyone
    Prepare Stablemaster Prepare spells on horseback Empath at 15th circle; magic-primary at 20th circle; other MU at 25th circle
    Combat 35th circle Paladin Fight on horseback 30th circle (Paladin at 20th circle from stablemaster) ~15-20 minutes
    Mount 40th circle Paladin Mount horse while in combat Paladin: 35th circle
    Joust 50th circle Paladin Improved jousting skill 36th circle (Paladin at 25th circle from stablemaster) ~6-7 minutes
    Load 40th circle Barbarian Load ranged weapons on horseback 40th circle (Barbarian at 30th circle) ~20 minutes
    Grab 40th circle Bard Grab things off the ground from horseback 40th circle 5~8 minutes
    Bareback 20th circle Ranger Ride without a saddle or padding 20th circle (Ranger any time) ~10 minutes
    Advanced Riding 45th circle Trader Ride faster, even along "curves" if there are no intersections 40th circle (Trader at 35th circle) ~20 minutes
    Target 30th circle Warrior Mage Target creatures from horseback 40th circle ~10 minutes
    Taught to Horses
    These classes take approximately 6 hours total to teach ALL skills. For a list of Rangers who offer these services, see Category:Player Horse Trainers.

A Ranger must first learn from one of the Stablemen in Theren, Crossing, or Langenfirth, unless otherwise noted.
    Skill Ranger Level Required Duration of Class What it Does
    Leadrope 20th 6 Minutes Horse stays calm while having a rope or bridle on. (ask <stableman> about LEAD)
    Saddle 30th 27 Minutes Horse stays calm while having a saddle on.
    Beg/Sit 40th 6-17 Minutes Trick - The horse can sit and beg
    Jump 40th 30-40 Minutes Trick
    Kneel 30th or 40th 16 Minutes Teaches horse to kneel so smaller races can mount.
    Prance 40th 45-57 Minutes Trick
    Rear/Spin 40th 6-17 Minutes Trick
    Animal 50th 20-48 Minutes Teaches a horse not to be afraid of animalistic races (Prydaen, and Rakash in moonskin)
    Horse will BOLT when approached by one of these races, so it's important to teach it to all horses.
    Combat 50th 52-60 Minutes Teaches horse to go to battle
    (Ranger must first learn from Paladin)
    Joust 50th 23 Minutes Teaches horse to perform a joust
    (Ranger must first learn from 40th Paladin)
    Magic 50th 45-55 Minutes Teaches horse not to fear offensive magic being cast atop it. (ask <stableman> about SPELL)
    War 50th 120 Minutes Horse will fight with you (Paladins only!) when you are in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Taking bets!

If Simu someday adds mobile storage to mounts will it:

A) Be a free upgrade
    B) Be an unlockable upgrade that costs real life money, either directly or indirectly?
    I'm going with B, indirectly via a massive suck ass grind that takes days and $100+ in simucoins to achieve.

5. Default

Be honest though.. how many of you fucktards got a horse! fess up!

tfw...you realize an in game mount costs more real money than a real mount...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    tfw...you realize an in game mount costs more real money than a real mount...
    RL horses can't take you across the US once a day though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Be honest though.. how many of you fucktards got a horse! fess up!
    Literally 0 dollars on this event. I was bullish on this bullshit microtransaction slippery slope to begin with, but I did break down the most recent DR (previously i bought a couple things with silver, which is supporting simucoins via proxy i know)

If a "fast travel" mount or WR containers would have been reasonably priced, I would have probably bit. But ~150 dollars for the "cheap" tier of WR on an epic deep, and ~300 for once a day caravan like travel that unless I'm reading it wrong is character bound...are you out of your fucking mind? Fuck you people with barbrie dream horses reinforcing this behavior. This is ridiculous pricing. If there was consistent dev happening outside of these events, i'd get it. You could roll that value prop all together, but the only fucking thing of note released in the last year consisted of like, 1 new spell for clerics and really minor tweaks to existing things. That's it. The end. Nothing else outside of more microtransctions funding dev work for microtransactions.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Literally 0 dollars on this event. I was bullish on this bullshit microtransaction slippery slope to begin with, but I did break down the most recent DR (previously i bought a couple things with silver, which is supporting simucoins via proxy i know)

If a "fast travel" mount or WR containers would have been reasonably priced, I would have probably bit. But ~150 dollars for the "cheap" tier of WR on an epic deep, and ~300 for once a day caravan like travel that unless I'm reading it wrong is character bound...are you out of your fucking mind? Fuck you people with barbrie dream horses reinforcing this behavior. This is ridiculous pricing. If there was consistent dev happening outside of these events, i'd get it. You could roll that value prop all together, but the only fucking thing of note released in the last year consisted of like, 1 new spell for clerics and really minor tweaks to existing things. That's it. The end. Nothing else outside of more microtransctions funding dev work for microtransactions.
    Shit like this festival is really what is keeping me from staying around. I'd imagine it isn't just me that feels this way. I don't mind pay festivals, but these ridiculous and blatant cash grabs are just fucking stupid.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You have to be really careful these days investing in new items they release. They often release buggy stuff and never fix it. ie. Treasure Sacks, I probably spent 30-40m on mine, which is not a ton, but still alot for me. Items with the same exact name dont stack, basically very few things actually stack inside these sacks, making them kind of pointless. Especially now that they are offering weight reduction as a service now at Rumor Woods. The treasure sack is pretty much a piece of junk now. Not really any point to them at all, so from now on I will wait until after-market or until second round of an event to invest in something. It's just too risky with all of the shitty items they never fix out there now.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 06-16-2019 at 06:39 AM.
    ..:: My Wares ::..

WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D