Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I could see it being Saudi. I could just as easily see it being Yemen. There are a lot of potentials in that part of the world. We know for a fact that Iran claims that area as theirs and they have mined it before. This also makes it easier to blame them if they didn't do it.
    You're saying Saudi Arabia would do that? Just lie like that? That's not very Muslim.

UK is now saying it was Iran too. Come on, you can't tell me both Saudi Arabia AND UK would just go along with what we say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    UK is now saying it was Iran too. Come on, you can't tell me both Saudi Arabia AND UK would just go along with what we say.
    I'd trust the UK a bit more. Saudi has often shown it'll say whatever though. I wouldn't trust them to tell me how many hours are in a day.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I'd trust the UK a bit more. Saudi has often shown it'll say whatever though. I wouldn't trust them to tell me how many hours are in a day.

Blog Entries

And the Navy has released video and picture evidence of Iran removing unexploded limpet mines from one of the tankers. Supposedly to remove evidence of their actions.

Blog Entries

If it was a terrorist group, they would have taken credit by now. I'm not understanding why Iran would attack those ships and then deny it. I'm thinking they had a Naval commander that did something he wasn't supposed to do.

And the Navy has released video and picture evidence of Iran removing unexploded limpet mines from one of the tankers. Supposedly to remove evidence of their actions.
    People are all over Twitter saying this doesn't prove Iran did anything wrong. But like...why would Iran be removing those mines unless they wanted to cover it up?

Pretty sad that people hate Trump so much that they are willing to take Iran's side in this just to spite Trump. Washington Post even ran a story implying this attack was Trump's fault because he imposed tougher sanctions on Iran. No, seriously, that happened.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-14-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    People are all over Twitter saying this doesn't prove Iran did anything wrong. But like...why would Iran be removing those mines unless they wanted to cover it up?

Pretty sad that people hate Trump so much that they are willing to take Iran's side in this just to spite Trump. Washington Post even ran a story implying this attack was Trump's fault because he imposed tougher sanctions on Iran. No, seriously, that happened.
    I think Iran is probably ultimately behind it, but it wasn't something they meant to do. That is the only reason I can think of for them showing up to wipe away evidence they did it. I mean if they did it on purpose, they'd want people to know they did it and why.

Iran knows it would be insane to start a war with the US, but that doesn’t mean that some Iranian elements aren’t behind the mines. It’s also possible the Saudi Arabia or even Israel is behind it to try to frame Iran and get a larger US presence there.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Well, Bolton is a bit of a crazy war hawk, but I doubt he’s that crazy.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.