Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    So your stance is, wait until they attack us?
    How the fuck are they going to attack us? You realize they probably can’t even properly attack their direct neighbors (hint:we’re on the other side of the planet).

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    How the fuck are they going to attack us? You realize they probably can’t even properly attack their direct neighbors (hint:we’re on the other side of the planet).
    What would you call the drone being shot down?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

3. Default

What would you call the drone being shot down?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...shot-down/amp/

And we did far worse when the Russians tried building bases in Cuba and Ecuador (aka American Assassination teams sent in to kill their respective leaders). In this instance the drone was actually in or very close to Iranian waters.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...shot-down/amp/

And we did far worse when the Russians tried building bases in Cuba and Ecuador (aka American Assassination teams sent in to kill their respective leaders). In this instance the drone was actually in or very close to Iranian waters.
    and the answer to my question?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

5. Default

So your stance is, wait until they attack us?
    Yes. We're not reliant on their oil. Our last involvement with them was to stage the coup that toppled their democratically elected government and caused the domino effect for this in the first place. That was in 1953 and subsequent years of CIA/military meddling.

If someone who is reliant on their oil wants to fight them, they can call us in as an ally. That's what alliances are for. But no, we should not be pre-emptively attacking areas that we don't have strategic interests in. Considering our and everyone else's 0% success rate in the middle east, and our own recent history there, there are exactly zero good reasons to escalate a conflict.

There's a reason countries like Iran dislike America; we've given them good reason. Lobbing missiles at them doesn't help that sentiment, especially when there's nothing to gain.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-21-2019 at 11:35 AM.

6. Default

and the answer to my question?
    Since done within their territorial waters and since those drones can be armed: self-defense. In fact, the bar is far far higher than what most US cops would need to draw a weapon and fire upon a suspect. (and as we all know with recent events that bar is ridiculously low.)

Plus no American lives lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The object here is to keep the straits of Hormuz open and free. The easiest way to do that is to destroy Iranian capabilities to attack ships and aerial assets traversing it. Or would could just give Iran a bunch of cash like past Presidents... Like the Brits used to do with the Barbary Pirates.
    We should rename it the Gay of Hormuz. That'll teach Iran a lesson.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

8. Default

I just hope the Admin listens to it’s military advisors in the Pentagon and elsewhere. Even if we were to go to war (aerial bombing would still trigger full blown retaliation by the Iranians) it should be done with better planning and foresight and not “wake up one morning whimsy” it can save hundreds if not thousands of lives.

Also, looks like this was called off unilaterally by Trump. This is how I know Trump is a good man (when all the BS is cleared aside) because he genuinely cares about killing people even Iranians. Can’t be said for “Blow up kids at a family cookout” Obama!

In a series of tweets he said, "We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not.... proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone.
    Last edited by Koars Light; 06-21-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes. We're not reliant on their oil. Our last involvement with them was to stage the coup that toppled their democratically elected government and caused the domino effect for this in the first place. That was in 1953 and subsequent years of CIA/military meddling.

If someone who is reliant on their oil wants to fight them, they can call us in as an ally. That's what alliances are for. But no, we should not be pre-emptively attacking areas that we don't have strategic interests in. Considering our and everyone else's 0% success rate in the middle east, and our own recent history there, there are exactly zero good reasons to escalate a conflict.

There's a reason countries like Iran dislike America; we've given them good reason. Lobbing missiles at them doesn't help that sentiment, especially when there's nothing to gain.
    Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck if they dislike us. And we've been 100% successful in the Middle East. Those fuckers are going to run out of oil before us.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Iran could have shot down a P-8 Poseidon surveillance aircraft and killed Americans Thursday, but chose instead to target an unmanned Navy RQ-4 Global Hawk drone in order to avoid the possibility of all-out war, an Iranian general said Friday.

They knew better. They still have that little bit of fear.

Doesn't this almost seem like they admit to shooting down the drone in international airspace though?
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam