Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 199

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,334
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    The object here is to keep the straits of Hormuz open and free. The easiest way to do that is to destroy Iranian capabilities to attack ships and aerial assets traversing it. Or would could just give Iran a bunch of cash like past Presidents... Like the Brits used to do with the Barbary Pirates.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    We could just ignore them, like we did Italy, Germany and Japan in the 1940's right, until it does become our problem?
    That did work out exceptionally well for America. We had minimal involvement comparatively in the war because we were geopolitically sound and didn't have to come in until the USSR, China, France, and England had shouldered the lion's share of the damage. The rest of the world got completely leveled by bombs, we came out of it with about a million IOU's and shared technological breakthroughs from lend leases and it ushered in a 50 year golden age because we were one of the only countries with infrastructure left to produce anything, which wouldn't ya know it, the whole world needed. And hey, rocketry and operation paperclip landed us on the moon!

    But yes, I am saying that in the last 1000 years, foreign powers fucking around with the middle east has produced the desired outcome zero times. Making the situation worse in the middle east by military means has a 100% success rate.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    That did work out exceptionally well for America. We had minimal involvement comparatively in the war because we were geopolitically sound and didn't have to come in until the USSR, China, France, and England had shouldered the lion's share of the damage. The rest of the world got completely leveled by bombs, we came out of it with about a million IOU's and shared technological breakthroughs from lend leases and it ushered in a 50 year golden age because we were one of the only countries with infrastructure left to produce anything, which wouldn't ya know it, the whole world needed. And hey, rocketry and operation paperclip landed us on the moon!

    But yes, I am saying that in the last 1000 years, foreign powers fucking around with the middle east has produced the desired outcome zero times. Making the situation worse in the middle east by military means has a 100% success rate.
    So your stance is, wait until they attack us?
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    How the fuck are they going to attack us? You realize they probably can’t even properly attack their direct neighbors (hint:we’re on the other side of the planet).
    What would you call the drone being shot down?
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...shot-down/amp/

    And we did far worse when the Russians tried building bases in Cuba and Ecuador (aka American Assassination teams sent in to kill their respective leaders). In this instance the drone was actually in or very close to Iranian waters.
    and the answer to my question?
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    So your stance is, wait until they attack us?
    Yes. We're not reliant on their oil. Our last involvement with them was to stage the coup that toppled their democratically elected government and caused the domino effect for this in the first place. That was in 1953 and subsequent years of CIA/military meddling.

    If someone who is reliant on their oil wants to fight them, they can call us in as an ally. That's what alliances are for. But no, we should not be pre-emptively attacking areas that we don't have strategic interests in. Considering our and everyone else's 0% success rate in the middle east, and our own recent history there, there are exactly zero good reasons to escalate a conflict.

    There's a reason countries like Iran dislike America; we've given them good reason. Lobbing missiles at them doesn't help that sentiment, especially when there's nothing to gain.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-21-2019 at 12:35 PM.

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The object here is to keep the straits of Hormuz open and free. The easiest way to do that is to destroy Iranian capabilities to attack ships and aerial assets traversing it. Or would could just give Iran a bunch of cash like past Presidents... Like the Brits used to do with the Barbary Pirates.
    We should rename it the Gay of Hormuz. That'll teach Iran a lesson.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,334
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes. We're not reliant on their oil. Our last involvement with them was to stage the coup that toppled their democratically elected government and caused the domino effect for this in the first place. That was in 1953 and subsequent years of CIA/military meddling.

    If someone who is reliant on their oil wants to fight them, they can call us in as an ally. That's what alliances are for. But no, we should not be pre-emptively attacking areas that we don't have strategic interests in. Considering our and everyone else's 0% success rate in the middle east, and our own recent history there, there are exactly zero good reasons to escalate a conflict.

    There's a reason countries like Iran dislike America; we've given them good reason. Lobbing missiles at them doesn't help that sentiment, especially when there's nothing to gain.
    Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck if they dislike us. And we've been 100% successful in the Middle East. Those fuckers are going to run out of oil before us.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,334
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Iran could have shot down a P-8 Poseidon surveillance aircraft and killed Americans Thursday, but chose instead to target an unmanned Navy RQ-4 Global Hawk drone in order to avoid the possibility of all-out war, an Iranian general said Friday.

    They knew better. They still have that little bit of fear.

    Doesn't this almost seem like they admit to shooting down the drone in international airspace though?
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck if they dislike us. And we've been 100% successful in the Middle East. Those fuckers are going to run out of oil before us.
    How do you define success? 3 trillion dollars spent and the region is in worse shape now than it was before we invaded Iraq. That's not what I call a success. Think about how we could have spent that 3 trillion on our own damn country instead of blowing up a bunch of shit. We would be miles ahead economically, and the same would be true with any attack on Iran.

    They don't want war with us, and there's no reason for us to go to war with them. Sure, the Israelis and the Saudi's would love it, but we should stay out of it instead of beating war drums and spending a fortune in additional debt.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •