Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    How do you define success? 3 trillion dollars spent and the region is in worse shape now than it was before we invaded Iraq. That's not what I call a success. Think about how we could have spent that 3 trillion on our own damn country instead of blowing up a bunch of shit. We would be miles ahead economically, and the same would be true with any attack on Iran.

They don't want war with us, and there's no reason for us to go to war with them. Sure, the Israelis and the Saudi's would love it, but we should stay out of it instead of beating war drums and spending a fortune in additional debt.
    I already told you. When the Middle East runs dry, we are the single largest producer of oil on the planet. Check mate.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Iran could have shot down a P-8 Poseidon surveillance aircraft and killed Americans Thursday, but chose instead to target an unmanned Navy RQ-4 Global Hawk drone in order to avoid the possibility of all-out war, an Iranian general said Friday.

They knew better. They still have that little bit of fear.

Doesn't this almost seem like they admit to shooting down the drone in international airspace though?
    What it looks like is that they're trying to send a message for us to get out of their waters and keep our drones to ourselves, the same as we would do if Iranian ships appeared on our coast or buzzing around the Panama Canal.

Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck if they dislike us. And we've been 100% successful in the Middle East. Those fuckers are going to run out of oil before us.
    No, absolutely nothing we've done in Iraq or Afghanistan can be considered a victory in any way.

The cost was: large numbers of lives, trillions of dollars, the devastation of our international credibility and image, and the creation of a power vaccuum that was filled with a threat that destabilized the region even further and hated us even more.

The gain was: nothing

Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-21-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    What it looks like is that they're trying to send a message for us to get out of their waters and keep our drones to ourselves, the same as we would do if Iranian ships appeared on our coast or buzzing around the Panama Canal.

No, absolutely nothing we've done in Iraq or Afghanistan can be considered a victory in any way.

The cost was: large numbers of lives, trillions of dollars, the devastation of our international credibility and image, and the creation of a power vaccuum that was filled with a threat that destabilized the region even further and hated us even more.

The gain was: nothing

You're thinking so little picture. And I'm pretty sure we killed Bin Laden. Our entire purpose for Afghanistan was getting that fucker. We went in because the Taliban refused to hand him over.

We also took out that fucker Saddam. I was in Baghdad when he was executed. Everyone was jubilant.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 01:31 PM.

4. Default

You're thinking so little picture. And I'm pretty sure we killed Bin Laden. Our entire purpose for Afghanistan was getting that fucker. We went in because the Taliban refused to hand him over.
    We killed Bin Laden alright. In Pakistan.

5. Default

I also like how everyone seems to think nations all over the world hate the US. That is very far from the truth.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    We killed Bin Laden alright. In Pakistan.
    Because we forced him to flee from Afghanistan. Would you rather we just left him completely alone to keep training up people to perform more 9/11 style attacks or what?

In both conflicts, we achieved the goal we initially set out for. Occupation and COIN is a bitch though. Nation building is retarded. We should have just left after.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 01:46 PM.

I already told you. When the Middle East runs dry, we are the single largest producer of oil on the planet. Check mate.
    When the middle East runs dry of oil we will have moved on from oil. What are you going to do then, put a giant tarp over the middle East so they don't get any sun? Your logic is preposterous and financially absurd.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

When the middle East runs dry of oil we will have moved on from oil. What are you going to do then, put a giant tarp over the middle East so they don't get any sun? Your logic is preposterous and financially absurd.
    We're going to be on oil for a long time, especially military uses. We might have a lot of civilian stuff switched to electric or hydrogen, but aircraft, tanks, other tactical vehicles? No. A lot of other countries are going to be in the same boat. There is going to be a need for oil until there is no oil.

And when the Middle East has no more oil, why would we give a fuck about them? The only reason we are concerned with the strait of Hormuz is because of oil tankers traversing it. It isn't like there is a lot of other quality shit being shipped from there.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 02:05 PM.

We're going to be on oil for a long time, especially military uses. We might have a lot of civilian stuff switched to electric or hydrogen, but aircraft, tanks, other tactical vehicles? No. A lot of other countries are going to be in the same boat. There is going to be a need for oil until there is no oil.

And when the Middle East has no more oil, why would we give a fuck about them? The only reason we are concerned with the strait of Hormuz is because of oil tankers traversing it. It isn't like there is a lot of other quality shit being shipped from there.
    Being the last country with oil isn't going to be a win any more than being the last country to use the horse and buggy for regular transportation was a win. You're thinking so little picture here.

Bottom line is that the middle East has been a giant quagmire of a waste of money for us. Stop wasting it there, spend it here instead.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Being the last country with oil isn't going to be a win any more than being the last country to use the horse and buggy for regular transportation was a win. You're thinking so little picture here.

Bottom line is that the middle East has been a giant quagmire of a waste of money for us. Stop wasting it there, spend it here instead.
    Except several people will still be using petroleum products. The need for oil isn't going to vanish because electric cars exist.