Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    We killed Bin Laden alright. In Pakistan.
    You're not seriously suggesting he was in Pakistan the whole time are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Except several people will still be using petroleum products. The need for oil isn't going to vanish because electric cars exist.
    Methais still needs his Vasaline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Methais still needs his Vasaline.

So you just take it unlubed then?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Except several people will still be using petroleum products. The need for oil isn't going to vanish because electric cars exist.
    Sure, but without the demand, it will be like having a corner on the market for buggy wheels. Think coal today: there are still coal users, but coal is not where the future of energy is at. Bottom line though is it comes back to this: you start this war and it costs us trillions of dollars, increases our risk level as a nation, and accomplishes absolutely jack shit at the end of the day. I'd rather spend it on the fucking Space Force. At least we'd be looking to the future. Pew pew, I'm in the space force!
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Sure, but without the demand, it will be like having a corner on the market for buggy wheels. Think coal today: there are still coal users, but coal is not where the future of energy is at. Bottom line though is it comes back to this: you start this war and it costs us trillions of dollars, increases our risk level as a nation, and accomplishes absolutely jack shit at the end of the day. I'd rather spend it on the fucking Space Force. At least we'd be looking to the future. Pew pew, I'm in the space force!
    But there is always going to be a demand, especially as the amount shrinks. Electric isn't going to be good enough to put out the power and range needed for military vehicles and even most freight vehicles for quite some time. I can't even imagine how many and how big the batteries for a 40t armored vehicle would have to be that would allow for it to operate at least 300 miles and have quick recharging. Lets not even get to Fighters and even just commercial airliners.

You're concentrating on civilian vehicles, but only 25% of petroleum is even used for transportation, period. That includes cars and air travel.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I see the media has done their spin on you regarding the Space Force. The US military already does a lot of shit in space, mostly the Air Force, dealing with satellites and the like and developing ways to protect our assets in space from nations like China and Russia. The problem is there are so many different branches and organizations doing this stuff so there is no one agency leading these efforts. The proposed Space Force would just create a consolidated leading authority that makes all decisions regarding space. But the media would have you believe Trump is calling for putting Marines inside of a space suit and having them shoot at aliens or something. Because the media sucks.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-21-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I see the media has done their spin on you regarding the Space Force. The US military already does a lot of shit in space, mostly the Air Force, dealing with satellites and the like and developing ways to protect our assets in space from nations like China and Russia. The problem is there are so many different branches and organizations doing this stuff so there is no one agency leading these efforts. The proposed Space Force would just create a consolidated leading authority that makes all decisions regarding space. But the media would have you believe Trump is calling for putting Marines inside of a space suit and having them shoot at aliens or something. Because the media sucks.
    I wish it were true though. I want to be a Space Marine instead of just some Earth Marine.

8. Default

tons of oil used in plastics.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Oil is outdated. More trouble than its worth. People fight over it. It pollutes our planet. It got us through the industrial age into the information age. Now we need to put it to rest in the new age of sustainability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Oil is outdated. More trouble than its worth. People fight over it. It pollutes our planet. It got us through the industrial age into the information age. Now we need to put it to rest in the new age of sustainability.
    You realize your computer, phone, whatever the fuck you are using is made from petroleum right?

No, you didn't. You probably just thought DeR It Is Go In cArS AnD MaKe Go!1
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.