Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

1. Default

I wish he'd done it.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

2. Default

I just want to point out that I tried to invade Iran as Fascist Ireland in Hearts of Iron 4 last night and it was a gigantic pain in the nutsack, so we shouldn't go to war. In the middle east. Again. Because we haven't learned that lesson over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I just want to point out that I tried to invade Iran as Fascist Ireland in Hearts of Iron 4 last night and it was a gigantic pain in the nutsack, so we shouldn't go to war. In the middle east. Again. Because we haven't learned that lesson over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    No one is talking about invading them though. Bombing the living fuck out of them is a good thing.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No one is talking about invading them though. Bombing the living fuck out of them is a good thing.
    Yeah but unlike the rest of the middle east, Iran is in a position where they can actually fight back. It'd be a lopsided direct conflict, as any one country against the largest militarized force in the world would be, but Iran's got at least 15 years of recent memories showing that smaller forces in their region can cause significant trouble for the US. They've got a strategic roadmap, and the actual infrastructure to carry it out on a level Iraq or Afghanistan could only have dreamt of.

"Bombing the fuck" out of someone who can fight back might not lead immediately to a direct war, but look at it from the other side. If someone decided they didn't like America's policies and then "Bombed the fuck" out of it, would literally anyone say "Well, they made a good point. We should change course."?
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-21-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah but unlike the rest of the middle east, Iran is in a position where they can actually fight back. It'd be a lopsided direct conflict, as any one country against the largest militarized force in the world would be, but Iran's got at least 15 years of recent memories showing that smaller forces in their region can cause significant trouble for the US. They've got a strategic roadmap, and the actual infrastructure to carry it out on a level Iraq or Afghanistan could only have dreamt of.

"Bombing the fuck" out of someone who can fight back might not lead immediately to a direct war, but look at it from the other side. If someone decided they didn't like America's policies and then "Bombed the fuck" out of it, would literally anyone say "Well, they made a good point. We should change course."?
    Rofl, we could knock out their entire command and control and military capability just as fast as we did to Iraq (twice).

Iraq's military was vastly superior to Irans at the start of Desert Storm. It is because of the Iran Iraq war that they put a lot more into it.

And yes, a lot of nations do tend to stfu when we get onto a war footing, but that isn't even what this would be about.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-21-2019 at 10:49 AM.

6. Default

Rofl, we could knock out their entire command and control and military capability just as fast as we did to Iraq (twice).
    And it stabilized the region forever and the middle east has been a peaceful, democratic, freedom-loving place ever since. It certainly was not a 3 trillion dollar and counting cost that only further destabilized the region and gave rise to a state that hates America even harder.

Why doesn't everybody invade the middle east? It always produces the intended results.

7. Default

Yep, that's what I was saying. I wish we took out a few of their critical defense systems like radar installations, airfields... things of that nature. We can't let a country instigate like that, especially one who regularly chants "death to America" in big drum circles with their leaders.

We need to decisively explain to them why their shithole country isn't our concern until they start fucking with us or our strategic partners. When they do, they need the bully treatment. i.e. you fuck em up quickly and then say "Sorry, did you want to parlay more?"

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

8. Default

Firing on a US asset in international waters isn't them disagreeing with our policies.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

And it stabilized the region forever and the middle east has been a peaceful, democratic, freedom-loving place ever since. It certainly was not a 3 trillion dollar and counting cost that only further destabilized the region and gave rise to a state that hates America even harder.

Why doesn't everybody invade the middle east? It always produces the intended results.
    Again, you are talking about a full on invasion. No one else is.

10. Default

We could just ignore them, like we did Italy, Germany and Japan in the 1940's right, until it does become our problem?

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal