Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Always follow the money, who has the most to gain by this?
    Wyrom.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    People are all over Twitter saying this doesn't prove Iran did anything wrong. But like...why would Iran be removing those mines unless they wanted to cover it up?

Pretty sad that people hate Trump so much that they are willing to take Iran's side in this just to spite Trump. Washington Post even ran a story implying this attack was Trump's fault because he imposed tougher sanctions on Iran. No, seriously, that happened.
    More that people saw how Iraq went and aren't thrilled at the prospect of more military adventurism.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Iran knows it would be insane to start a war with the US, but that doesn’t mean that some Iranian elements aren’t behind the mines. It’s also possible the Saudi Arabia or even Israel is behind it to try to frame Iran and get a larger US presence there.
    What would be insane is for the US to try to sell a third offensive middle eastern war after the last one helped plunge us into the greatest recession since the depression, which we're only now recovering from, using as casus belli a sketchy report of an attack that looks very similar to the faked one that we used as casus belli in Vietnam. Heading into an election year.

Somebody could put a video on Youtube showing Rouhani firing an RPG from the back of a jet ski at American ships and it would still be political suicide to get involved right now.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-14-2019 at 09:23 AM.

No more wars no more intervention no more adventurism just stop. No way this ends in any way that is a net benefit to the US if we get into another Middle East foreverwar.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    No more wars no more intervention no more adventurism just stop. No way this ends in any way that is a net benefit to the US if we get into another Middle East foreverwar.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 06-14-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

This is correct. I'm all for a strong national defense, but not at all for a strong national offense. If Iran did do this, we'd probably do the same and more if other countries started parking their warships off our coasts. This incident is not justification for war or attacks of any kind, imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...erican_Century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Policy_Initiative

Just the latest chapter of the Forever War. Gotta line the pockets of arms manufacturers SOMEHOW!

We should buy the Middle East and give it to everyone who cries saying we stole their land or something something oppression centuries ago.

And Mexico.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Apparently Iran is detaining the crew of one of the ships and they have gunboats surrounding their ship, preventing any other ships from towing it away.

I'm sure Trump is to blame for this too though.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Democrats: "We have to trust our intelligence agencies! They are saying Trump is a Russian asset! IMPEACH! IMPEACH!"
    Also Democrats: "We can't trust our intelligence agencies! Iran would never do anything wrong!"