Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 199

Thread: US Navy responds to supposed torpedo attack in Gulf of Oman

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Apparently Iran is detaining the crew of one of the ships and they have gunboats surrounding their ship, preventing any other ships from towing it away.

    I'm sure Trump is to blame for this too though.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Peyton Place
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Have to watch out for those fearsome flying mines now too apparently.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vj0l4L3USxSvmO
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

    **SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rubble of the fifth wall.
    Posts
    17,379

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

  4. #44

    Default

    I don't think the US has ever said mines caused the damage, just that there is video evidence showing an Iran ship removing an unexploded mine. So not sure why the ship owner is "contradicting" something that wasn't said.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,335
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't think the US has ever said mines caused the damage, just that there is video evidence showing an Iran ship removing an unexploded mine. So not sure why the ship owner is "contradicting" something that wasn't said.
    I've heard a torpedo hit one ship and a mine hit the other, causing damage. One ship also had an unexploded mine. And I guess Iran removed an unexploded mine from another according to that video.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I've heard a torpedo hit one ship and a mine hit the other, causing damage. One ship also had an unexploded mine. And I guess Iran removed an unexploded mine from another according to that video.
    It's pretty amazing watching people try to claim that the ships weren't really attacked simply because Trump says they were. Even the Japanese ship owner is saying the ship was attacked, just not by a mine or a torpedo. But let's ignore that! Trump says the sky is blue so it's now green!

    TDS is getting out of hand.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,335
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Before attacking two tankers near the coast of Iran on Thursday, Iranians launched a surface-to-air missile at a U.S. drone flying in the Gulf of Oman.

    A U.S. MQ-9 drone spotted Iranian boats nearing the tankers before the attacks occurred, and the Iranians shot a missile at the drone, but missed, a U.S. official told CNN in an exclusive on Friday.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,335
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's pretty amazing watching people try to claim that the ships weren't really attacked simply because Trump says they were. Even the Japanese ship owner is saying the ship was attacked, just not by a mine or a torpedo. But let's ignore that! Trump says the sky is blue so it's now green!

    TDS is getting out of hand.
    I'm thinking they probably saw the torpedo and it was airborne for a little bit or something was lost in translation or whatever.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Peyton Place
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    They said they were hit by artillery shells, twice. Hard to mistake the two objects, also airborne torpedo?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

    **SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm thinking they probably saw the torpedo and it was airborne for a little bit or something was lost in translation or whatever.
    Granted I know nothing about torpedos or how they work so I have no idea about the logistics of any of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •