Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training feedback

1. Default Training feedback

Hello! I have a 21 train Dark Elf Wizard that I haven't actually played in years and years. She's mainly been a mule and I use her to spell up my main character. However, now that my other character is capped I want to look into actually doing something with this one!

I read a couple guides and the following goals are what I have right now - I will do a fixskills when I finalize. I am just looking for feedback or any other considerations. She will be a pure caster. I've also put her stats below for reference.

| Bonus Ranks Goals
    Armor Use..........................| 0 0 4
    Physical Fitness...................| 45 9 22
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 96 22 22
    Magic Item Use.....................| 96 22 22
    Spell Aiming.......................| 99 23 42
    Harness Power......................| 93 21 21
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 90 20 22
    Spirit Mana Control................| 90 20 0
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 0 0 2
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 0 0 20
    Perception.........................| 50 10 21
    Climbing...........................| 70 15 15
    Swimming...........................| 50 10 10
    Spell Lists
    Major Elemental....................| 18 18

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 20 21

Spell Lists
    Wizard.............................| 20 18

Race: Dark Elf Profession: Wizard (shown as: Incantress)
    Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
    Strength (STR): 54 (2) ... 54 (2)
    Constitution (CON): 47 (-6) ... 40 (-10)
    Dexterity (DEX): 97 (33) ... 97 (33)
    Agility (AGI): 61 (10) ... 61 (10)
    Discipline (DIS): 76 (3) ... 76 (3)
    Aura (AUR): 97 (33) ... 97 (33)
    Logic (LOG): 97 (23) ... 97 (23)
    Intuition (INT): 60 (10) ... 60 (10)
    Wisdom (WIS): 85 (22) ... 85 (22)
    Influence (INF): 61 (0) ... 61 (0)

Yes I am aware I need to visit a priestess and get her constitution in check.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by undernolights; 06-11-2019 at 02:40 PM.

2. Default

The training is fine. You've got 20 ranks of fire lore for minor steam. That'll last you a good long while (or forever if you're really dedicated). Not sure why you have the earth lore, but either find a reason to have more of it or drop it altogether.

From a stats standpoint...honestly you're only three weeks to a month worth of levels in with another 11 months to 20 years of leveling to go before cap. If it were me, I'd sacrifice the month, reroll and get my stats the way they need to be for the 80 level slog you have to go. Yours aren't terrible for leveling, but that strength makes the baby jesus cry. If you plan to leave all your boxes on the ground or buff up your disks like crazy and use those, go for it, but 50 strength with no growth and you're gonna have trouble carrying anything all the way up through cap. I like to set things for cap to start with, but short of that, the best of both worlds approach is usually to set your "most useful" stats to max out around level 50. That lets you still have it easier early while not making things harder on you down the road. That 50 strength probably isn't gonna grow even to 60 by cap, while your dex, aura, logic are all basically already done. That's a lot of wasted stat growth. 80 levels of your fastest growing stats not growing.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-11-2019 at 02:47 PM.

3. Default

I appreciate that feedback and was wondering the same thing about rerolling. Blerg.
    I don't play tons, so the timelines are super long for me which is why I don't love the idea of rerolling - and yet, I hear you! I'll sit on this a bit. Thanks!!

4. Default

Honestly, you might be able to just assist. They could be willing to help you out. Just say something to the effect of "Hey, I haven't picked this character up in a decade and would like to now, but the stats are just bonkers. I'm only one level shy of where I'd have stat resets if I was making a new character. Any chance you'd be willing to throw a stat allocation my way so I don't have to reroll?".

It can't hurt to ask. They're usually fairly nice about it when you mess up a fixskills, for example. May translate to stats too. You're still within the spirit of the early resets they have set up.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.

5. Default

Oooh. Smart. I'll try it.

Check in at the inn too, and make sure you don't have a stat reallocation there if the character is super old.

7. Default

Okay. So they didn't want to give me a stat reallocation, so I re-rolled. How the heck do younger wizards hunt? I run out of mana almost immediately. Do I just need to buy a crapton of wands and use those?

Claidhmore until level 19

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by undernolights View Post
    Okay. So they didn't want to give me a stat reallocation, so I re-rolled. How the heck do younger wizards hunt? I run out of mana almost immediately. Do I just need to buy a crapton of wands and use those?
    1700. It costs no mana. Get to 20 fire ranks so you can use minor steam, then use that, a cast or two of 1700, rinse, repeat. 502's worth experimenting with as a cheap mana option early on depending on the hunting ground. It'll start out a touch slow, but it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    UAC until level 19
    Get 8 air lore ranks and kick in 1 second.