Thread: How to best use a 48 level sorc to help build/level a new wizard?

1. Default How to best use a 48 level sorc to help build/level a new wizard?

Never had a second character before. I started my Sorcerer in '98 so been a long time since I've started a new character.

I've read about how many spells casters just swing weapons now when they are young.

Knowing this wizard will have a level 48 sorc following him around, any suggestion or resources on how I should get this new wizard to level 20?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The only problem with low level magic user hunting is lack of mana, if you hunt with a mana battery you can go almost anywhere like-level or even higher.

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

really levels 0-10 you'd be kinda worthless as a shadow... After that being that you can both share elemental i assume, having the extra mana around will certainly help.. I'd hunt things like warcats etc that are easily ewaveable... or 709'd to help bolster the damage from his bolts, after that probably wights and zombies around solhaven, because they can be knocked down easy, and crit super easy from 903. By the time you get done with those areas.. The mana will be less of an issue... but if you insist on shadowing the mana will obviously still help.

in some applications having access 101, 103, and 107 will help your wizard.. Also 102 doesnt take away any from bolt strength. So you could make 102 imbeds if you feel like you are having DS isssues young while filling out your spell lists on the wizard.

you mentioned swinging weapons, i havent made a baby wizard in a long time, but i think the preferred 0-10/15 method right now is uac because it's faster. likely more so after learning 506

Also if you do end up doing wights, tree spirits anything with fury, or spike thorn etc... setting up a macro to 703 as they prep spells would make a good tool.
    Last edited by Realk; 11-02-2019 at 09:12 PM. Reason: uac, 703

4. Default

UAC is so good on a warmage!

You’ll probably get better mileage by just doing the more traditional warmage routine with either a big stick or a long bow, because you’ll have the sorc along to 709 everything. You absolutely will not need to send mana for anything other than spelling up because your wizard will only need to keep up 506. Most of your kills will be exceptionally fast, and you’ll never run out of mana, so you can hunt nonstop if that’s your thing. In a few weeks you’ll be able to share bounties, but the hunting strategy will be the same simple, effective strategy of:

Enter room
    506 active?
    Kill until everything is dead
    Loot
    Blend tears and Necro juice into a delicious shake
    Profit

5. Default

Alright.. at level 6, 506 is a little hard to keep up I guess. You might have to send some mana in that time of extreme turmoil.

Just use the sorcerer to 401-414, 101-107 the wizard. Mostly for the DS and to allow the wizard to not train MnE until later.

Then wizard goes to 6 ranks in MjE and Wiz for their own DS.

Sorcerer stays home since it's boring to follow a wizard around 1-shotting everything. 506 UAC. Punch until 10, when you get 10 ranks in Air Lore, then switch to kick.

Make sure you have enough HP to keep up your 506 for a full hunt. The hunts will be fast if you're targeting the right stuff. Don't bother with undead unless your plan is to go Voln on your wizard (which isn't a bad plan, especially for the early levels when 50 mana is a lot of mana).

Once you hit 19, make a decision on whether you'll be a pure or continue being a warmage.