Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Metal (W/New Enchanting)

Question Your Favorite Metal (W/New Enchanting)

So happy about the new Enchanting System making all metals "created equal". I never used any odd-enchant metals in the past because i...simply cant. OCD or something.

Now there are no more partial enchants this opens a whole new world of possibility for me as a forger and enchanter. What metals are you stoked about?

I am currently enchanting up a perfect Vaalorn falchion to full 7x! SCHWEET.

Thinking imflass could be nice for the weight reduction...? But it's not that sexy. There is mechanical benefit, and then there is just pure style ie. vaalorn etc.

What metals do you have your eye on, or are working on now?

Don't all weights bottom out the same in the end?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Might be. I just knew imflass was starting weight the lightest, but yah if they bottom out at the same then its irrelevant.

Assuming you get everything to max light, yes all the same, but there is a HUGE difference in the beginning. My glaes naginata was 15 pounds starting out and I think standard is 8, now it is 5, which is as low as a naginata will go.

As far as metals, imflass is a big advantage if you cannot lighten, vaalorn is much cooler, speaking of, need to get my bards vaalorn naginata enchanted to at least real 6 now. Thanks for reminding me! And do not forget invar, that is neat metal with a partial enchant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Thanks for reminding me! And do not forget invar, that is neat metal with a partial enchant as well.
    Welcome. The partial enchant update from the new Enchanting system is a big deal IMO, surprised more werent excited about that. Of course if you bought a partial enchant at the last duskruin you should be ravid but other than that...

I agree Invar has coolness factor. Eahnor and Faenor are rare and partial, could be good candidates, but for some reason i dont like those words. They sound too much like a wood rather than a metal to me, but probably just a personal preference.

For falchions specifically (and likely others would work too) the vultite -20% is enough to take a 5lb steel to a 4lb vultite which matters for offhand swing speed (and mattered more when each lb required catching and winning a merchant)

The lighten/deepen thing is problematic for me though, I'm considering dumping my big win fancy script cloak for a critter found 2lber because it came pre-deepend and is "max light" at 7lbs
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I appreciate that you can now enchant resistant, +TD and defender items found at DR. Hell, even temp padded / weighted stuff if you feel like it could have decent enough use can be enchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I appreciate that you can now enchant resistant, +TD and defender items found at DR. Hell, even temp padded / weighted stuff if you feel like it could have decent enough use can be enchanted.
    I didnt know you could enchant +TD/defenders. That is very interesting indeed.

Blog Entries

I thought this was about music at first, and then I saw it was about some text game.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Go home, you're drunk.