Thread: Having weird connection issues. HELP!

Default Having weird connection issues. HELP!

So I've been having weird connection issues all day.

I can keep inputting commands but the commands don't go through, sometimes it just scrolls "You can only typeahead 1 line", but usually I can still see game lines coming through.

Eventually the game crashes with this error code from Lich:

error: server_thread: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. @ io_fillbuf - fd:4
    lich.rbw:2269: in 'gets'
    lich.rbw:2269: in 'block in open'

The weird thing is I have found a work around (sort of) that has been working for a couple of hours now.

So I log a character in, do a few commands to see if I get the lag problem, if I do I relog that character and keep testing and relogging until it seems there is no lag. Essentially I keep relogging a character until I get a "good" connection, once I have a "good" connection the issue doesn't appear to crop up, presumably until I log out again then I'll have to deal with this again.

Any clue what could be happening? Seems like a problem with Comcast...as per usual...just not sure there is anything I can do about it other than hope it fixes itself.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-21-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Clearly Gemstone hates you... also Comcast is the devil
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Clearly Gemstone hates you... also Comcast is the devil

Actually I have been experiencing similar issues periodically as well. Out on the brig I entered like 4 commands with no response on 2 alts, it also happens on 2 of my capped alts. Oddly enough it does not seem to happen when my rogue is in picking, at least not that I have noticed. I have not died from it, yet, but I could see where it could get you killed. I figured it was a Simu doing something thing.

Try updating to Lich version 5.6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Actually I have been experiencing similar issues periodically as well. Out on the brig I entered like 4 commands with no response on 2 alts, it also happens on 2 of my capped alts. Oddly enough it does not seem to happen when my rogue is in picking, at least not that I have noticed. I have not died from it, yet, but I could see where it could get you killed. I figured it was a Simu doing something thing.
    Yeah it's really weird, and my solution for the time being is really weird too. It just started yesterday for me and unfortunately continues today.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Try updating to Lich version 5.6.1.
    I went ahead and did this just to cover all of my bases but it didn't help