Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Mount Multi-Movement

1. Default Official: Mount Multi-Movement

Re: Mount updates on 06/05/2019 03:37 PM EDT

A few more updates:

* The existing movement code was rewritten, which should mostly be invisible to you, but if you notice any issues, please post/BUG/BUGITEM it.
    * If there are any locations outside of towns, specifically along paths between towns, that block mounts, please BUG the room or BUGITEM the specific obstacle (e.g. the river in "go river").
    * You can now lead or be a member of groups while mounted.
    * Mounted players can now make use of multi-movement, which has 2 parts and must be prefixed with "go":

1) You can specify 2 directions to move in one command. e.g. "go s se`

>go s se
    You ride a fiery-eyed nightmare steed south.
    [Wehnimer's, Exterior]
    As you stand next to the southwest corner of the Landing, you have an unobstructed view of the plain. Some distance away you can make out the vague figures of shepherdesses tending their flocks of Rolton -- sheep indigenous to the region. Further south the grassy expanse turns hilly, eventually terminating in stark mountains that line the horizon. You also see a wooden signpost.
    Obvious paths: north, southeast, southwest
    You ride a fiery-eyed nightmare steed southeast.
    [Wehnimer's, Exterior]
    The dirt path bends around the southwest corner of the landing. Far to the east, you can see a thin blue line that must be the river. You also see a rolton skeleton, a yellow silk ribbon and a heap of splintered timbers and torn hide.
    Obvious paths: east, northwest

2) You can specify up to 8 of the same direction to move in one command. e.g. "go w w w w w"

>go w w w w w
    You ride a fiery-eyed nightmare steed west.
    [Vornavis, West Road]
    Dry grasses stretch out in a plain to the south of the path here. Amber fields of tall swaying grass wave hypnotically in the slight, steady breeze. The rustling hiss of the grasses in the breeze sets the mind at ease.
    Obvious paths: east, west
    [Vornavis, West Road]
    The fields to the south of the path here change from amber to the east to green and lush to the west. The fields have no paths or roads leading into them, but occasionally, the tall grasses are crushed or swept to one side as if by a traveler or a large animal. You also see a small mound.
    [Vornavis, West Road]
    The road continues to the east into a wide, flat area marked by fields of tall grasses. To the west, a small wooded area crosses the road, becoming more dense and lush far to the north. The road remains well defined, and wagon wheel ruts show regular use. You also see a rocky footpath leading up into the woods.
    [Vornavis, West Road]
    The road travels through a very sparsely wooded area for a stretch here. The woods are not dense, and allow direct sunlight to touch the forest floor. This is either the beginning of a very young forest, or the end of a very old one.
    [Vornavis, West Road]
    To the east, a small wooded area crosses the path, and vibrant green leaves cling to trees swaying in the breeze. The road slopes sharply downward for a stretch before turning toward the southwest. A clump of holly bushes to the north of the path here looks out of place.
    Obvious paths: east, southwest

A normal creature won't get the opportunity to attack you when using multi-movement, but anything that could trigger when entering or exiting a room still applies (webs, ice patches, etc). Multi-movement will work for a group if all members have mounts. Non-mounted peasants are left behind. Multi-movement is a base feature of all mounts and is different from Fast Travel, which will be a separate unlock.

GameMaster Estild
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...et_newest=true

Blog Entries

lol they went with the worst option, because of course they did.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Do I hit 4 on the num pad 5 times to move west 5 times? Or do I type out “go w w w w w “? Clearly I do the least convenient option.

Blog Entries

Estild be like....

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

The only benefit is when this gets added to go2, and makes it so you can move through hostile areas, or invasion, without creatures getting a chance to attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    The only benefit is when this gets added to go2, and makes it so you can move through hostile areas, or invasion, without creatures getting a chance to attack you.
    Watch it won’t be immune to fear from invasion hostiles. It will throw you off and possibly kick you inducing 60 seconds RT. Unless! You train your horse with the amazing “Steel Nerves” tonic only 1000 Simucoins.
    Semper superne nitens.

Non-mounted peasants are left behind.
    LOL. God I love how clueless they are sometimes. Mounts are worthless to anyone with access to ;go2, Simu screwed it up again.

How are the official board's crew taking it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    How are the official board's crew taking it?
    From behind.

Taking what?

This wasn't new and is not the official Fast Travel. It was a free addition to a what has been marketed as a high end fluff item (for now).

I'd say it, and the new customization certs (and halved prices), and bug fixes have seen an uptick in mount purchases and some have claimed to gotten off the fence due to the recent fixes.
    Last edited by Roblar; 06-09-2019 at 02:59 PM.