Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon types and mstrike

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "apparently, there is a long-term project in the works by a few GMs on revamping the weapon tables"

Details?
    It's "in development" as in "like one time on discord, a gm was like 'yeah, we should look at those bases some day'

and "long term" as in, fucking never.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "apparently, there is a long-term project in the works by a few GMs on revamping the weapon tables"

Details?
    It was over discord with GM Viduus. At the time he stated “it was a personal project of mine” (on weapon bases). This came about because people were babbling about ball & chain and how it was so utterly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss
    Anyhow, apparently, there is a long-term project in the works by a few GMs on revamping the weapon tables... so basically pick your weapon (if in the same category) by RP rather than mechanics. Unless you’re going for something completely useless like ball and chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss
    It was over discord with GM Viduus. At the time he stated “it was a personal project of mine” (on weapon bases). This came about because people were babbling about ball & chain and how it was so utterly useless.

In regards to unused weapons with poor AVD and DF.
    Viduus09/19/2018
    (not an official response) I've never been thrilled with the situation either, I've some ideas for improving it but it's a long term goal, not anything in the foreseeable future
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    Race and profession?
    Sylvan Paladin. And yes I will be doing a lot of mstrike choppy chops and not much aiming. Hunting undead as I’m in Voln! 👻

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
    Sylvan Paladin. And yes I will be doing a lot of mstrike choppy chops and not much aiming. Hunting undead as I’m in Voln! ��
    handaxes or falchions will still be your best bets, mechanically. Longswords are totally fine, especially if you have stats placed for growth with slightly lower agidex. You can also mix and match a bit, any combination of 2 handaxe / falchion / longsword / shortsword and it's fine. Changing out weapons is a bit more painful when you're relying on bonding but with mstrikes there are definitely some level ranges you can make great use out of switching in specific weapons for flares. This is, obviously, even more of an issue if you're trying to be totally dedicated to killing undead.

Picking up at least one, if not two, of the 5x realm flaring sanctified handaxes from duskruin would be pretty nice for a TWC paladin. 5k bloodscrip or equivalent and those weapons would honestly carry you all the way to cap.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!