Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official: Enchant (925) Update #2? #3?

I'm not understanding this logic. "Things are harder for a high demand service, so it will be cheaper?". Basically, enchanting will cost a lot more from what I can tell.

You want to ensorcell your 10x HCP armor, you pay out the ass for a mutant sorcerer build to do it for you. You want to enchant your 7x highly scripted item with 12 CER of weighting, plan to spend excessive amounts to get a specialized wizard to do that project. Not only will the wizard have to be specialized to complete the project, but they're going to have to successfully hunt with their specialized build or use a bunch of fixskills.

Player Enchanting should cost way more than it used to cost from this change. If people are selling it for less, they're doing it wrong.

The math isn't changing on how much essence you can gather in 1 week. You can gather 16,000 essence per week. Getting to 7x isn't going to be faster, but is actually a little slower with the new system if you are hiring a single wizard to do the work. Now you can farm your +1s out to different wizards, just like you can farm your T1-T5 out to different sorcerers. The fact that wizards now have to actually level up, train specific skills, and hunt for essence in order to be capable of enchanting is reason enough for the price to go up.

Secondly, the skills required to enchant what used to be easy, are now generally insufficient for all kinds of equipment. I see the pricing going the way ensorcell went. Skilled / capped wizards trained to enchant will charge a lot while your leveling wizards will take on easy projects for maybe a little less.

Fortunately, it's broken down into +1 increments, so you can slowly increment the enchant on your gear. No need to commit to a full +5 all at once for the full price.

Also, similar to ensorcell, you might end up investing more into enchanting than you will return on selling the item.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-22-2019 at 04:57 PM.

<< you might end up investing more into enchanting than you will return on selling the item. >>

The most recent dozen or more of my projects will not sell for the cost of the enchants, at a certain point your pet blade is worth more than those silvers.

It will be interesting to watch where the price of enchants go, the so-much-per-point idea or something else, I expect we will see some offerings in the marketplace fairly soon and get some price points. Currently I am doing an old style 7x with scripts so I will be a bystander for a while because REASONS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Askip; 05-22-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    The motivation for this change is to bring the numbers involved behind the scenes more in line with those in other item enhancement spells (e.g. Ensorcell) which was a goal for updating the spell. When the efforts and training required are similar across multiple distinct but related systems it is easier for us to design content that fits in alongside.
    I just don't get it. Why didn't they just copy/paste 735 code into 925 and call it good? So much unnecessary fuckery going on. By the time they are done updating it, it will be May 21 2020 and the "free" fixskill will just be the annual one.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I just don't get it. Why didn't they just copy/paste 735 code into 925 and call it good? So much unnecessary fuckery going on. By the time they are done updating it, it will be May 21 2020 and the "free" fixskill will just be the annual one.
    I'm still holding my breath that they'll offer a fixskill. They said they'd give wizards one after the last updated 925 that required EL:W to build your mana pool and we never saw one. I even asked on the officials if we were getting one a short while after the updated 925 was pushed out and it fell on deaf ears.

We get 1 final fixskills after they fix whatever it is they're fixing.