Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Enchant (925) Update #2? #3?

Default Official: Enchant (925) Update #2? #3?

I've rolled out a change to the bonuses and penalties to success for the new Enchant spell.

We have removed all elemental lore skills from the list of bonuses; training in elemental lore skills will no longer increase your chance to successfully enchant an item with the new spell. We have adjusted the difficulty associated with the current enchant bonus of the item. Numerically these changes balance each other at the top end of the scale, and are favorable at the bottom end of the scale, especially for lower level wizards who were unlikely to have a significant or balanced investment into lore skill training.

The motivation for this change is to bring the numbers involved behind the scenes more in line with those in other item enhancement spells (e.g. Ensorcell) which was a goal for updating the spell. When the efforts and training required are similar across multiple distinct but related systems it is easier for us to design content that fits in alongside.

--
    Naos
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1175

I wonder if these dudes are trying to do some kind of bootleg Agile shit and keep pushing everything out in iterations now. Because God Damn, could you have planned this worse or had a less finished product when you flipped the switch.

To succeed in agile, you must define your MVP and grow it by each iteration.

Clearly, they didn't since they tweaked the whole thing

LOL
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Naos View Post
    When the efforts and training required are similar across multiple distinct but related systems it is easier for us to design content that fits in alongside.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Basically, you don't need to train lores for anything related to enchanting anymore, which is a net positive. Instead, you train lores for the same reason you used to train lores, and specializing doesn't have a penalty. Plus, low level wizards can manage to enchant more normally. Once they finish with the script difficulties, hopefully we'll have a usable enchant again. Right now, I am hesitant to try anything but the old system, despite it being a bit more time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Basically, you don't need to train lores for anything related to enchanting anymore, which is a net positive. Instead, you train lores for the same reason you used to train lores, and specializing doesn't have a penalty. Plus, low level wizards can manage to enchant more normally. Once they finish with the script difficulties, hopefully we'll have a usable enchant again. Right now, I am hesitant to try anything but the old system, despite it being a bit more time consuming.
    The way I read it, lores don't impact your success rate to cast 925, but they'll still hold some kind of sway over how "essence" is gathered.

You can still specialize in a single lore or two, but you may be hurting your essence gathering power because of it. But, with how often they've changed how 925 works and essence is gathered, this could change yet again - multiple times - before the end of the year.

Askip moved to 100 Water ranks for infuse when it was released, I think 40 ranks are headed back to Earth for the 2nd Time Stop. I am interested in seeing what the number crunchers come up with once the dust has settled, but if you regularly hit the weekly cap it probably does not matter much.

Again, we shall see.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    The way I read it, lores don't impact your success rate to cast 925, but they'll still hold some kind of sway over how "essence" is gathered.

You can still specialize in a single lore or two, but you may be hurting your essence gathering power because of it. But, with how often they've changed how 925 works and essence is gathered, this could change yet again - multiple times - before the end of the year.
    Yes, lores will impact the way essence is "absorbed". However, EMC has the greatest impact here as it "will increase the amount of static converted into essence". HP and Water Lore make the amount you can absorb per pulse greater (think Necro lore for ensorcell energy). Air and fire become much lower in value as they only factor into the "bonus" essence from spending mana on targeted offensive spells. Most of your essence will be from straight kills with normal hunting now, and the only lore that helps in that regard is water lore.

So, to maximize your essence gains, you should train as much EMC as possible, then Water Lore up to at least 40 ranks (pretty sure it's bonus not ranks that matter most). At 2x EMC and 40 water lore, with 1x HP, you should be able to cap essence relatively quickly if you focus on killing. Swarming areas like SoS, Reim, or even warcamps will improve the rate of essence gains even more.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.

So they repaired the gathering of essence by nerfing the average cap wiz to enchant stuff ?

To compensate, the average cap wiz would need to nerf himself by sacrificing 500 and 400 spells and going more than 1x in 900 or be stuck enchanting mid tier stuff, right?

IF so, prices are going down and simu will get the extra $$ with their damn certs
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I wonder if these dudes are trying to do some kind of bootleg Agile shit and keep pushing everything out in iterations now. Because God Damn, could you have planned this worse or had a less finished product when you flipped the switch.
    BUT IT WAS NECESSARY TO RELEASE IT DURING THAT SPRING WHATEVER THE FUCK BECAUSE REASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible