Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enchant Certs

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Can't complain about a class if nobody plays it. Just look at Monks.
    Wrong. I won't play my monk because they suck. I still complain and am all salty and emo over it.

2. Default

removing enchanting certificates is assinine! That is all
    Last edited by beldannon5; 05-22-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    Told y'all multiple times this would happen. And I'm glad to see them gone, enchanting should remain the realm of player wizards. I'm fine with making it take longer or take more resources to enchant uber items, as long as it's not made impossible (as they did with some scripted items, hopefully Wyrom follows through on his almost-promise to remedy that).
    lol like Wyrom has any control over dev

Would be nice if he did, but dev does whatever they want.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    lol like Wyrom has any control over dev

Would be nice if he did, but dev does whatever they want.
    why?

Who is their boss?

Problems in pyramidal hierarchy is very often in the first tier of the said pyramid.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    removing enchanting certificates is assinine! That is all
    What if they replaced them with T6 ensorcell certs?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    LOL at Simu's response to wizard tears. This is progressively getting worse and worse the more you all complain.

This is typically what happens when they roll out a gigantic update like that with no warning and apparently no testing other than the equivalent of "Does it power on?" and then expect the players to do all the testing and data gathering for them so they can figure out how to make it not be stupid and suck greasy ass chunklings.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    Told y'all multiple times this would happen. And I'm glad to see them gone, enchanting should remain the realm of player wizards. I'm fine with making it take longer or take more resources to enchant uber items, as long as it's not made impossible (as they did with some scripted items, hopefully Wyrom follows through on his almost-promise to remedy that).
    Nearly zero enchant certs were being used on items that a wizard could enchant. This change just means there will again be no way to enchant most uber items. Or did you think they were going to just hand the gravy train over to the players of one class without figuring out a way for SIMU to get a piece of the pie?

They'll be back in 2-3 Duskruins, once they figure out their plan for scaling them.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Nearly zero enchant certs were being used on items that a wizard could enchant. This change just means there will again be no way to enchant most uber items. Or did you think they were going to just hand the gravy train over to the players of one class without figuring out a way for SIMU to get a piece of the pie?

They'll be back in 2-3 Duskruins, once they figure out their plan for scaling them.
    The Kerl is wise! I would be shock if some sort of enchant isn't back by the end of the year

**besides they could always just raise the price on resist certificate**

I heard the +/- is set at 40k bloodscrip
    Last edited by neimanz1; 05-22-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post

Didn't they say that the reason for the script change was to allow more items to be enchanted by wizards that previously couldn't be, barring items that they flat out don't want to be enchanted at all? There's a recent post by Naos saying something along those lines that I'm too lazy to find.

Something like that, but effectively if they don't change the difficulty significantly those things are still effectively not enchantable.

Seems like a lot of this could be solved by setting a MAX difficulty value on things that aren't the "fuck you, no" variant of difficulty (like coraesine and all that)

like difficulty is a + b +c + x +y +z + what the fuck ever, cap at: (theorhetical max enchant ability - 97)

If you spend 5m bloodscrip on adding things to your sick mithril whip blade and wanna pay for fixskills end enhancives to bring it up to 10x, more power to you.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!