Thread: Valley of Gold

Default Valley of Gold

Just a quick recap for those coming in late.

For the past two years, the Ta'Illistim elves and humans have been in discussions over aid to the desolated areas of the Empire. The project was brought to the attention of the Argent Mirror by Lady Rohese. The first items were gathered for the children, and then seeing a larger need, expanded to include building materials, food, seeds, etc. When Lady Rohese went missing (this is a whole other saga for another time), a group consisting of different races and backgrounds worked together with the delegates from Ta'Illistim to acquire airship docking rights in Solhaven so goods could be easily transported to aid the relief effort. The Baron of Vornavis was so impressed, he discussed the project and aid with the Emperor who agreed to open discussions with the Argent Mirror. After correspondence between them, the Emperor and Mirror agreed to meet and discuss future aid and sign a treaty between their people that would declare mutual respect and friendship between the nations.

Scouts were sent searching for a location for this historic event to take place. While traveling in the Western Dragonspine, they stumbled down a mist-covered path. When they reached the bottom, the mist had cleared, and they saw a beautiful valley. The valley seemed to be bathed in gold as the sunlight glistened off of the veil of mist. They named it Valley of Gold.

From Lumnea the 20 through the 23, the elves and humans will come together in a historic meeting of races to share their cultures, make friendships, and be witness to the first declaration of respect and aid between their nations.

~ Valyrka ~

Below is a tentative schedule for events.
    More events will be added during the next few days, but I wanted to give you a start.
    There will be unscheduled appearances by various NPC's
    All times are subject to change.

THURSDAY JUNE 20
    Time
    Event Name
    Path opens, NPC's begin to arrive

10:00 PM EST
    Reception
    Golden Pavilion

FRIDAY JUNE 21
    Time
    Event Name
    Ale Class and Tasting

6:30 PM EST
    Fashion Showcase

10:30 PM EST
    Wine Class and Tasting

SATURDAY JUNE 22
    Time
    Event Name
    Wine Class and Tasting Second Class

2:00 PM EST
    Tales of the Argent Mirrors:Presentation by Lady Rohese, Lady Elaejia, and Lord Aendir
    Elven Clearing
    3:00 PM EST
    Human and Elven Artifact Presentations

8:00 PM EST
    Treaty Ceremony
    a giant silk-covered structure in the center path
    9:00 PM EST
    Banquet and Ball
    Golden Pavilion, Center Path

SUNDAY JUNE 23
    Time
    Event Name
    Ale Class and Tasting, Second Class

2:00 PM EST
    Discussion of the origins/habits of Wyverns

3:00 PM EST
    Human and Elven Artifact Presentations

6:00 PM EST
    Chantry College Research Presentation

9:00 PM EST
    Elven and Human Delegations begin to Depart

11:59 PM EST
    Grounds and Shops Close

~ Valyrka ~

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Blog Entries

Just a random thought.

Seems odd to leave half-elves out of the picture..................................

Shouldn't there be some kind of "We're really sorry for treating you like shit, here's some reparations."

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Just a random thought.

Seems odd to leave half-elves out of the picture..................................

Shouldn't there be some kind of "We're really sorry for treating you like shit, here's some reparations."
    Of course not. “Declarations of friendship” should be above the belt only!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Just a random thought.

Half elves are bastards, why reward the unpure? Hellooooooooooooo
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Deported for racism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    And here I am trying to remember to close my accounts. I really had not planned to put Lich on my new state of the art gaming P.C.. But it's impossible for me to pass up this opportunity to play antagonist.........

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

7. Default

Super angry right now at the Surname Registry. It's not on the top of my mind to register my surname. The whole idea of it is ridiculous. I have been Bellaja Claybourne FOREVER and was super excited because years ago I read the Human histories and chose her to be an angry, estranged niece of Count Claybourne. I have RPed this forever. Because I actually have a little time now being summer I saw this even and that they'd actually mentioned Count Claybourne with it and thought wow, cool time to break out a little RP only to have someone else register it in the past few months or whenever the hell it was set to renew. I still show as having it, but meh.I don't mind sharing, but hope I don't lose it. Who wants to split inheritance? Otherwise I am excited about the event and hope they do it justice instead of just all being friends with no reference to Chaston and the division his edict caused. So much of the Empire's history and how it was built revolves around it.

You see Bellaja Claybourne the Disciple of the Lich.
    She appears to be a Human from Torre.
    Last edited by Lady Lightning; 06-19-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Discord: Bellaja

Bellaja's Outfitting

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.88423843.6024/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lightning View Post
    Super angry right now at the Surname Registry. It's not on the top of my mind to register my surname. The whole idea of it is ridiculous. I have been Bellaja Claybourne FOREVER and was super excited because years ago I read the Human histories and chose her to be an angry, estranged niece of Count Claybourne. I have RPed this forever. Because I actually have a little time now being summer I saw this even and that they'd actually mentioned Count Claybourne with it and thought wow, cool time to break out a little RP only to have someone else register it in the past few months or whenever the hell it was set to renew. I still show as having it, but meh.I don't mind sharing, but hope I don't lose it. Who wants to split inheritance? Otherwise I am excited about the event and hope they do it justice instead of just all being friends with no reference to Chaston and the division his edict caused. So much of the Empire's history and how it was built revolves around it.

You see Bellaja Claybourne the Disciple of the Lich.
    She appears to be a Human from Torre.
    I'll give you two guesses as to who did it but you probably only need 1. Had the same thing happen with my 15+ year surname a few months ago. You would be the third person I'm aware of that this person has hijacked their longtime surname.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 06-19-2019 at 12:55 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984