Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Enchant update, update

Uphunting my level 69 mage (uphunting by 5 levels) and he pulls his max essence in around 10 hours right now. Before the last change, I put in 40-50 hours and he barely made it to +26 enchant. For him, right now, it feels like a good fit.

My level 96 mage is (was) strictly EL:E build. He did a lot better in essence gathering under the original release - about 15-20 hours he hit +26 enchant. When they moved up the essence gain rate I hunted him for a couple of hours, but never got past +26.
    I just moved my level 96 mage's skills some to hopefully help boost his essence gain. He was all EL:E (160 ranks), but now I've got him 100 EL:E (still under the old system on a major project, need 100 ranks to make gorveneh potion pours), 35 EL:A and 25 EL:W ranks. I haven't got him out hunting yet, so I don't know how much of a change essence gathering has been for him with his newly distributed lores.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up and make it longer than it already is on my lower level mage. I'd hate to have to spend 20+ hours building essence. When it only took about 10 hours, it actually let me play a couple other characters I have fun with and I could spend some time this week inside the forge, working on a couple projects. I didn't get time in the forge last week with putting all my time into trying to build up essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If only they had some way to test all of this before hand.
    wHy WoUlD yOu WaNt To TeSt A nEw SyStEm BeFoReHaNd???????
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I have low expectations but holy shit, they are so far off the mark. The first pass i mean we're literal days of playtime every week for people under cap, which if you're one of those shitbags that's like "but ya aren't capped", shut up.

Now this new take honestly i knew it was too fast. I didn't try at all and it took barely past my lumnis. And that isn't even beginning to scratch the surface on the shitshow of item difficulties which are all over the map, or straight buggy (fusion, as per a comment in discord, is confirmed too difficult because of a bug)

And yet again: they had a generally well regarded system (energy) which was gated on a resource, experience, that the game is already entirely designed around controlling your acquisition of and threw it out the window because REASONS. Scale the energy costs down to work off 10k per week, change energy from infuse to just your cast energy and done. The learning curve gets dramatically flatter for most people. With the added benefit of things being based around a power of 10 instead of Naos sperging out and counting in binary.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I've rolled out a change to the bonuses and penalties to success for the new Enchant spell.

We have removed all elemental lore skills from the list of bonuses; training in elemental lore skills will no longer increase your chance to successfully enchant an item with the new spell. We have adjusted the difficulty associated with the current enchant bonus of the item. Numerically these changes balance each other at the top end of the scale, and are favorable at the bottom end of the scale, especially for lower level wizards who were unlikely to have a significant or balanced investment into lore skill training.

The motivation for this change is to bring the numbers involved behind the scenes more in line with those in other item enhancement spells (e.g. Ensorcell) which was a goal for updating the spell. When the efforts and training required are similar across multiple distinct but related systems it is easier for us to design content that fits in alongside.

--
    Naos

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1175