View Poll Results: How do you think wizards should acquire essence?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunting: AS/CS Damage Only

4 9.76%
  • Hunting only: All Damage

19 46.34%
  • Generally Active

9 21.95%
  • Semi-Passive

20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 925 Clusterfuck

Default The 925 Clusterfuck

Okay, quick poll to see what players of wizards think....

How do you think wizards should acquire essence?
    1) Hunting only, where only damage from AS/CS spells counts.
    2) Hunting only, where any damage the wizard does counts.
    3) Active in general, whether hunting (option number 2) or not; hunting would give more essence than normal, interactive activity
    4) Semi-passive, where the wizard needs to be in-game, to acquire a small amount of essense per pulse; hunting would still give more essence.
    5) Passive, where all wizards gain a small amount of essense each pulse, no matter if they are in-game or not; hunting would still give more essence.

(Edit: Working on poll, never done this before. :P )
    Last edited by mgoddess; 05-14-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Okay, I fail at polls... should have 6 options, instead of 4.... 5th being the 'Passive' option, 6th being 'Tacos', because you can't have a PC poll without Tacos. :P

Blog Entries

A mixture would be cool. All spells should accrue essence, but attack spells accrue the most and there is also a much slower passive route where it just builds up over time. So I voted for all the options.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-14-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Any damage the wizard does + small amount naturally. I'm not sure they should have to be in-game or not, as parking wizards at a table afk isn't a great look, but maybe if it's just small amount with a weekly/daily cap.

Double if they train in taco lore.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

I think it works fine as is. My wizard caps his essence in a reasonable time with normal hunting with minor steam. If you want to throw a bone to the whiners though, 250 essence at midnight when you get the 250 longterm absorb, but only if you have the longterm exp in your pool. That ensures you were at least online and getting exp at some point.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-14-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Are mages considered violent in their manipulation of mana like sorcerers?

Sorceres get their juice by KILLING

Us, mages, are we centered with killing as our way to understand and get more comprehension and power from the very nature of essence / mana?

Are mages tradionaly a profession of knowledge?

Why would a mage get more power to enchant via destructive powers? How about spelling others? You don't manipulate mana better each cast? If my 503 or my 911 is saving others by making them harder to kill, why am I not getting more essence than slowing a damn critter?

I'd set a cap per cast per unique target (friendly or unfriendly) per x minutes.

So it'S good for everyone and the grinding will remain
    Last edited by Murrandii; 05-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Okay, quick poll to see what players of wizards think....

How do you think wizards should acquire essence?
    1) Hunting only, where only damage from AS/CS spells counts.
    2) Hunting only, where any damage the wizard does counts.
    3) Active in general, whether hunting (option number 2) or not; hunting would give more essence than normal, interactive activity
    4) Semi-passive, where the wizard needs to be in-game, to acquire a small amount of essense per pulse; hunting would still give more essence.
    5) Passive, where all wizards gain a small amount of essense each pulse, no matter if they are in-game or not; hunting would still give more essence.

(Edit: Working on poll, never done this before. :P )
    I'm for 5. Voted 4 because it's the closest thing you got in the poll.

Also, your option 4 just means I park my wizard at a table all day long while I go off my business in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Are mages considered violent in their manipulation of mana like sorcerers?

Sorceres get their juice by KILLING

Us, mages, are we centered with killing as our way to understand and get more comprehension and power from the very nature of essence / mana?

Are mages tradionaly a profession of knowledge?

Why would a mage get more power to enchant via destructive powers? How about spelling others? You don't manipulate mana better each cast? If my 503 or my 911 is saving others by making them harder to kill, why am I not getting more essence than slowing a damn critter?

I'd set a cap per cast per unique target (friendly or unfriendly) per x minutes.

So it'S good for everyone and the grinding will remain

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I'm for 5. Voted 4 because it's the closest thing you got in the poll.

Also, your option 4 just means I park my wizard at a table all day long while I go off my business in life.
    Agreed, with both. And, yeah, option 4 is pretty much a recipe for afk-table wizards, but it's certainly better, and more likely a scenario, than option 5.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Agreed, with both. And, yeah, option 4 is pretty much a recipe for afk-table wizards, but it's certainly better, and more likely a scenario, than option 5.
    I don't see 4 as better than 5, though. I can see the idea behind 4 as being an attempt to get people to participate or something, but on simu's end, it's just something easily exploited by the players and would not serve its intended purpose. On the player's end, it's just an extra hassle. Nothing good comes out of it either way, just half hearted lip service toward pocket enchanters being somehow bad.

5 is realistic and has no weird hoops to jump through or tedium to deal with. I've never had a kill poached by a pocket enchanter, nor had one zip around on my screen obnoxiously when I'm anywhere in game, or annoyed in any other way by one. They seem largely a non-issue to me.

I vote passive, in game or out, no bonus for hunting.