View Poll Results: How do you think wizards should acquire essence?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunting: AS/CS Damage Only

4 9.76%
  • Hunting only: All Damage

19 46.34%
  • Generally Active

9 21.95%
  • Semi-Passive

20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The 925 Clusterfuck

Every spell should give you a form/number of essence, with combat and kills being far more rewarding than a pocket mage just throwing buffs at people.
    Last edited by Astray; 05-14-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Or just reduce tempering times.

: Dusts hands :

Next!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

Speaking as a non-capped wizard main, I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Every spell should give you a form/number of essence, with combat and kills being far more rewarding than a pocket mage just throwing buffs at people.
    I don't care if it takes me all week, hunting a few hours here and there, but, I was able to cap my mana or come close with my current build every week without issue. I didn't cap it last week with the change, and I likely won't this week. People should not have to tweak their builds to use a class defining ability. More effective, yes, just to use it, no.

I love the insta +1 and not having the item locked from use but I'm a bit upset that if I get bored with my wizard, they've now taken away the ability for me to enchant items for my alt in the background unless I also spend a ridiculous amount of time farming essence.
    Last edited by gsplayer413; 05-15-2019 at 08:04 AM.

I like the idea of 5 because it strikes me as most similar to the most recent version; you want to go crazy maxing out, more power to you. Sometimes I'll play a bunch for a few weeks/months, but also go for long stretches where I can't/won't play or do more than just log in to check on an enchant, and I'd hate to be unable to do anything worthwhile, enchant-wise, during those latter times.

Also, just because I love that someone said this, here's a reply to a krakii post from the officials:

krakshot copy.jpg

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yesicj View Post
    I like the idea of 5 because it strikes me as most similar to the most recent version; you want to go crazy maxing out, more power to you. Sometimes I'll play a bunch for a few weeks/months, but also go for long stretches where I can't/won't play or do more than just log in to check on an enchant, and I'd hate to be unable to do anything worthwhile, enchant-wise, during those latter times.

Also, just because I love that someone said this, here's a reply to a krakii post from the officials:

krakshot copy.jpg
    He had it coming. The rest of that post goes on to pwn him pretty good too.

Blog Entries

They should give enchanting to warriors and rename wizards to nerds and take away all their magic and make them wear glasses.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They should give enchanting to warriors and rename wizards to nerds and take away all their magic and make them wear glasses.
    Warrior enchanting: Put two suits of armor on top of each other and hit them with a hammer until they either fall apart (Boom! Catastrophic failure!) or merge into a supersuit (Outstanding attempt! +1 DS).
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Warrior enchanting: Put two suits of armor on top of each other and hit them with a hammer until they either fall apart (Boom! Catastrophic failure!) or merge into a supersuit (Outstanding attempt! +1 DS).
    Sounds like a plan! Route that through Wyrom and get this project up and running.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    lol @ your rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    lol @ your rep
    ?
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.