View Poll Results: How do you think wizards should acquire essence?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunting: AS/CS Damage Only

4 9.76%
  • Hunting only: All Damage

19 46.34%
  • Generally Active

9 21.95%
  • Semi-Passive

20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The 925 Clusterfuck

The smart thing would be to have a cumulative Elemental Defense that unlocks a threshold at higher levels and replace 406 or 414 with an Essence boost of some manner. The idea that you have damaging spells with no other supplemental methods to boost it is poor optics and even poorer planning.

So...basically Simu doing Simu shit.
    Last edited by Astray; 05-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.

I reached the cap rapid firing 519 with wracking, and even with capped magic skills the amount of time it took was absolutley bonkers. Imo the changes has pretty much killed off enchanting for anyone under lvl 100. The dev team should have really just copied and pasted 735's collection time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by yesicj View Post
    The last week I spent looking at the officials reminds me why I stopped even reading them, let alone posting, for so long. Jesus, what a bunch of sanctimonious wangs.
    This is correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I reached the cap rapid firing 519 with wracking, and even with capped magic skills the amount of time it took was absolutley bonkers. Imo the changes has pretty much killed off enchanting for anyone under lvl 100. The dev team should have really just copied and pasted 735's collection time frame.
    This is correct.

It should be pretty obvious by now that this was done to cause scarcity so they can sell more enchanting services at their cash grab events.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    IF and that’s a big ‘IF’ this is true, that Simu did this all to make enchanting more labor and time intensive in order to sell enchanting certs (even lower end certs like 5x->6x) then that is really fucked up.

Have the well run so dry that Wyrom needs to sponge up on what was a Wizard’s birthright since forever. I don’t believe even Simu will stoop that low.
    There's no "big if" to it.

If you accept after testing that they thought "Oh yea this is totally legit, grinding out 40 hours a week is exactly what they want!". You just may be retarded.

If this is to punish table wizards, where is that exact same feelings towards pocket clerics, empaths, bards etc? Should they not also be required to build some form of energy to perform their services?

Plain and simple, they are cannibalizing their customers time investments so they can bilk them for more money.

Congrats, you have reached level 25. You now have a spell you can't use.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-16-2019 at 07:40 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

We're mostly intelligent people here. I am good faith too by saying they got bright people at simu too.

I am under the impression Wyrom gave 2 conditions for 925 tweaking: annihilate pocket wizards AND put a grinding system related to the amount of skills you have (the higher skills = better at getting essence).

Why those 2 conditions? Objectivaly, it's to answer to a 2019 condition: MOST PEOPLE ARE LAZY AND ARE WILLING TO PAY TO SAVE TIME

It's a marketing concept a lot of companies know: people would rather pay to save time than to do it themselves.

I find those 925 changes to fall completely in that concept WITH the elimination of the pocket wizard ( therefore, forcing an effort in time to enchant).
    Last edited by Murrandii; 05-16-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    The current dev crew is all about making things super slow and tedious. And being held accountable for anything at all doesn't exist, so they literally just do whatever the fuck they want no matter how trash it is for the game.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    There's no "big if" to it.

If you accept after testing that they thought "Oh yea this is totally legit, grinding out 40 hours a week is exactly what they want!". You just may be retarded.

If this is to punish table wizards, where is that exact same feelings towards pocket clerics, empaths, bards etc? Should they not also be required to build some form of energy to perform their services?

Plain and simple, they are cannibalizing their customers time investments so they can bilk them for more money.

Congrats, you have reached level 25. You now have a spell you can't use.
    As far as I know, Naos's testing consisted of running a script with unlimited mana and it took him 8 hours to hit the weekly cap.

He also has no idea what his lore setup was during this per his own words on Discord, because he's such a pro and all.

I think Naos means well. The problem is he's still stuck in GS3 where everything has to be a super secret formula because reasons, and follows the same general retarded make-everything-slow-and-tedious-and-boring-as-fuck-because-that's-how-we-did-it-playing-pen-and-paper-rpgs-and-by-golly-we-loved-it thought process that people like Doug and Krakii are all about.

I'm pretty sure Krakii's rl job is to just read the forums, because he's in every thread in every folder every day posting retarded shit about how the way things worked in 1993 is somehow still relevant today.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-16-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    We're mostly intelligent people here. I am good faith too by saying they got bright people at simu too.

I am under the impression Wyrom gave 2 conditions for 925 tweaking: annihilate pocket wizards AND put a grinding system related to the amount of skills you have (the higher skills = better at getting essence).

Why those 2 conditions? Objectivaly, it's to answer to a 2019 condition: MOST PEOPLE ARE LAZY AND ARE WILLING TO PAY TO SAVE TIME

It's a marketing concept a lot of companies know: people would rather pay to save time than to do it themselves.

I find those 925 changes to fall completely in that concept WITH the elimination of the pocket wizard ( therefore, forcing an effort in time to enchant).
    I doubt Wyrom was involved in the dev process for 925 at all. He's pretty hands off with dev for the most part.

At least Wyrom had the good grace to stay in his lane. The lane of being a useless PM.