View Poll Results: How do you think wizards should acquire essence?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunting: AS/CS Damage Only

4 9.76%
  • Hunting only: All Damage

19 46.34%
  • Generally Active

9 21.95%
  • Semi-Passive

20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The 925 Clusterfuck

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    You're welcome. Normally I post on a different account and the only reason I ever saw Krakii's bullshit was they weren't ignored on that account. Which they are now, so i had no clue if they were still whining in the thread or not. I only saw that "i corrected them in email" bullshit because Methais quoted it. Lol
    Krakii hasn't posted again yet, but Doug has since stepped in to pick up the slack for Krakii, though Doug is staying uncharacteristically reasonable for the most part, at least in this thread.

Except for this gem, though it's pretty much irrelevant to the actual topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    I do like the fact that 'activity' is required. I don't mind that the 'primary' activity selected is hunting. I do like the fact that all of the 100 plus active pocket-enchanting wizards (leading to 400-600 major projects annually, which could arguably be said to be game-breaking) are disadvantaged - not sure how I feel about 'totally removed'. But that is an entirely different topic.
    When asked if GS is currently broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    >>Is GS currently broken?
    Not sure. . . I would say it was - but the signal will be the increase in silver prices. AmIRite?!

No, wait. . . let me try again. Not sure. . . I would say it is - but the signal will be converting Immolation to its former glory. AmIRite?!

No, not quite it. . . let's see. Not sure. . . I would say it is - but Meteor Swarm will soon be great again! AmIRite?

So many options to choose from, so little response space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    /facepalm

Here we go again. Let me try rephrasing the question since you seem to have forgotten what I was quoting when I asked it.

>(leading to 400-600 major projects annually, which could arguably be said to be game-breaking) -Doug

Have said 400-600 projects annually broken GS? If so, what did they break and how?
    Oh, was SRS BZNS! Sorry, the hyperbole often thrown around gets confusing to me, but I chose to believe it was all in good fun. So FER SRS. . .

Yeah, I would think that left unchecked it did / would. 400 to 600 major projects (or even half that, I would submit) is certainly not in the 'rare' happenstance bucket. Neither you nor I see the actual numbers, so this is only an inference. But in a game where there are about 500-1000-ish active player characters (you know, those that hunt), anything approaching 50% of that population isn't 'rare' at all from my perspective. Queue up all the relevant discussions about costs of items, baseline moving to 6x in game, effects of dumping large quantities of uber items, etc., etc. I can respect if you personally feel for you it is totally rare - you know, from a single mage's perspective. But game wide. . .

Having said that. .

/facepalm

Why you NO FUN bro?

Doug
    Apparently all these 7x and higher enchants existing are breaking the game or something. Which he's been saying for a while now, way before these enchant changes happened. I wanna say a while back he made the claim that if wizards could enchant to 10x without super rare potions, then everyone running around with 10x gear would become the norm.

The officials are so bad that they're good.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-16-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I like doug and he's nowhere near Krakii. I don't always agree with him, and sometimes I think he's just playing devil's advocate / both sidsing to a fault in addition to those genuine disagreements. He just has a different opinion that trends towards more old school design paradigms, and that's fine.

Krakii is literally a black hole of logic whose brain ceased accepting new information 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-16-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Doug is my bro since he called MEthais Bro.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Krakii hasn't posted again yet, but Doug has since stepped in to pick up the slack for Krakii, though Doug is staying uncharacteristically reasonable for the most part, at least in this thread.

Except for this gem, though it's pretty much irrelevant to the actual topic:

When asked if GS is currently broken...

Apparently all these 7x and higher enchants existing are breaking the game or something. Which he's been saying for a while now, way before these enchant changes happened. I wanna say a while back he made the claim that if wizards could enchant to 10x without super rare potions, then everyone running around with 10x gear would become the norm.

The officials are so bad that they're good.
    It's awesome when demons invade and you can't do shit, it's fun as fuck.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I like doug and he's nowhere near Krakii. I don't always agree with him, and sometimes I think he's just playing devil's advocate / both sidsing to a fault in addition to those genuine disagreements. He just has a different opinion that trends towards more old school design paradigms, and that's fine.

Krakii is literally a black hole of logic whose brain ceased accepting new information 25 years ago.
    Yeah Doug is ok, he just tends to take 40 paragraphs to say something that could be done in like 6 words and then half the time you have no idea what he was even talking about by the time you get to the end.

Doug at least has some clue what he's talking about most of the time though whereas Krakii can't make a post without typing at least 6 paragraphs about how things were in GS2 and insisting it's relevant to whatever the current topic is.

I think Doug thinks I hate him. I don't, I just disagree with most of his ideas because they tend to promote tedium, and some of the other stuff he says like high enchants breaking the game, etc.

Krakii though good god he's such a chode. Probably a nice guy irl but total cancer on the forums and usually full of all kinds of misinformation on top of his shitty ideas and insatiable need to be involved in every thread in every folder every day whether he knows what he's talking about or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Doug is my bro since he called MEthais Bro.
    Douglollione just arrived.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Yeah Doug is ok, he just tends to take 40 paragraphs to say something that could be done in like 6 words and then half the time you have no idea what he was even talking about by the time you get to the end.

Doug at least has some clue what he's talking about most of the time though whereas Krakii can't make a post without typing at least 6 paragraphs about how things were in GS2 and insisting it's relevant to whatever the current topic is.

I think Doug thinks I hate him. I don't, I just disagree with most of his ideas because they tend to promote tedium, and some of the other stuff he says like high enchants breaking the game, etc.

Krakii though good god he's such a chode. Probably a nice guy irl but total cancer on the forums and usually full of all kinds of misinformation on top of his shitty ideas and insatiable need to be involved in every thread in every folder every day whether he knows what he's talking about or not.

You tend to see patterns with people saying a lot of words about something that could be said with fewer words: They tend to bullshit / protect interests
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Krakii:
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Krakii:

I wonder if he ever caught onto the krakiipedia joke or if he thinks it was a genuine tribute.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-16-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm sure people have explained it to him over the years, otherwise he'd always be bringing it up.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Aaand like fuckin clockwork

kr.jpg