Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enchanting

Default Enchanting

Not really an appraisal, but I have been wondering how wizards are planning on pricing enchanting under the new system....

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Not really an appraisal, but I have been wondering how wizards are planning on pricing enchanting under the new system....
    They are going to try to anchor it to sorcerer pricing per week. At 3m per they are literally saying it's going to cost someone roughly around 168m to go from 0x to 10x. Way overpriced.

A few wizards are already trying to form a cartel on it.

Enchanting costs are easy, since we can now enchant nearly anything the BS cert can, which is 100k for +5 to any item, each +1 cast of the new enchant should cost 20k bs. Enjoy!

Edit: Dalabrac pays double!
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 05-12-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    They are going to try to anchor it to sorcerer pricing per week. At 3m per they are literally saying it's going to cost someone roughly around 168m to go from 0x to 10x. Way overpriced.

A few wizards are already trying to form a cartel on it.
    Placing myself under the new enchanting requirements, my prices would definitely be going up. This change actually has me considering opening my wizard account until Classic is released.

I still need to run the numbers to see if it would be worth my time, not knowing how much hunting a week it would take to get my weekly cap at level 55. Even if it's within reason I don't even know if I would sell the service or continue to build the mattock I had been working on.

I can say with 15+ years of working with enchanting, the service cost is going to go way up now considering it requires much more work. One also has to take into account that silvers are worth nearly 300% less than they were when I cashed out the majority of capitol I had gained in my GS history.

The extremely poor roll out of the new enchanting changes has kept me from clicking the "Submit Payment" button. I need some real numbers here.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Enchanting costs are easy, since we can now enchant nearly anything the BS cert can, which is 100k for +5 to any item, each +1 cast of the new enchant should cost 20k bs. Enjoy!

Edit: Dalabrac pays double!
    Ordim is David Bowie from Labyrinth:

But I say:

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I can say with 15+ years of working with enchanting, the service cost is going to go way up now considering it requires much more work. One also has to take into account that silvers are worth nearly 300% less than they were when I cashed out the majority of capitol I had gained in my GS history.
    Your enchanting costs are going up because you have to.. script hunt?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Your enchanting costs are going up because you have to.. script hunt?
    Script hunt or not, I would still be dedicating resources to a character I would otherwise not be focusing on.

The cost for enchanting went up for the character owner with this change.

Old enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level

New enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level + time invested to gather enchanting energy.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Script hunt or not, I would still be dedicating resources to a character I would otherwise not be focusing on.

The cost for enchanting went up for the character owner with this change.

Old enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level

New enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level + time invested to gather enchanting energy.
    Sweet - that means all my armor and weapons went up in price and silvers will be cheaper per million.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Sweet - that means all my armor and weapons went up in price and silvers will be cheaper per million.
    Mcgaylord is that you?
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Smart silvers would probably wait until the wizards are done undercutting each other. Probably not until another 6 months till we get a true price to enchanting.
    Any wizards caught undercutting will be labeled scabs, barred from the guild and forced to do Alchemy ingredient collection tasks for no reward.