Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Enchanting

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    Mcgaylord is that you?
    Shut up Tom Cruise.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Script hunt or not, I would still be dedicating resources to a character I would otherwise not be focusing on.

    The cost for enchanting went up for the character owner with this change.

    Old enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level

    New enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level + time invested to gather enchanting energy.
    Your math is shockingly representative of the Bush administration. Time invested to reach what exactly, the result of this formula? If it's time needed to gather the enchanting energy, well you've doubled up on your variables. If it's time invested to cast 925, then you're going to be making about nothing.

    Why not level x enchanting energy needed + (hours invested to gather energy x n silvers). n is your going rate, say 1m, 5m, 10m silvers. Personally, I'd err on the middle of that spectrum as hunting benefits the character in the long run and lets face it, you're going to be reading a book or knitting a pair of socks while a script does all the work for you.

  3. #13

    Default

    Prices will probably rise a bit, due to the need to "farm" essence. The bonus is you get instant work, no more handing over your prized pieces to a stranger for weeks at a time. It will probably work out to paying for total essence and not level of enchant.
    Last edited by n0551n3n0m1n3; 05-12-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,917
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Your math is shockingly representative of the Bush administration. Time invested to reach what exactly, the result of this formula? If it's time needed to gather the enchanting energy, well you've doubled up on your variables. If it's time invested to cast 925, then you're going to be making about nothing.

    Why not level x enchanting energy needed + (hours invested to gather energy x n silvers). n is your going rate, say 1m, 5m, 10m silvers. Personally, I'd err on the middle of that spectrum as hunting benefits the character in the long run and lets face it, you're going to be reading a book or knitting a pair of socks while a script does all the work for you.
    I'm just stating what I personally would do with a wizard I leveled to the point of being a viable spell whore and have the ability to do standard 6x enchantments. My goal with that character has been completed and I have 0 interest in further hunting him.

    Now to make use of that, which took 2 years as my initial time investment, I have to continue to hunt with that character when I know I can pull more hourly profits with a different character.

    I have a feeling most table wizards are not going to suddenly start hunting in the long term, there's a good chance newer wizards won't level past 20 now.

    P.S. A good portion of not wanting to level much past 60 is that the silvers sweet spot is in the 30's-50's. I can pull more silvers per hour from the jungle (25-35) than I could ever dream of making from capped hunting areas.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 05-12-2019 at 04:51 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    They are going to try to anchor it to sorcerer pricing per week. At 3m per they are literally saying it's going to cost someone roughly around 168m to go from 0x to 10x. Way overpriced.

    A few wizards are already trying to form a cartel on it.
    I love how people keep citing 0x to 10x as if that's a relevant watermark. In the far more likely scenario you're taking something from 0 to 7x, it would cost ~33m which is right on par with taking an item to T5 ensorcell. The even more likely 4x - 7x is roughly the same (31.5m).

    Previous speed enchants were what, 20m for a 7x? Even if you ignore the 5x jump, the 6x speed enchant is valued at least at 10m in the old system so it's basically the same cost people were paying before. Stop talking about 8-10x so you sound slightly less wrong. None of this is even accounting for the increased demand that will arise from 1) not having to surrender an item for 6 months and 2) being able to enchant previously impossible things.

    I have more than enough personal projects to keep my energy locked up for years, I have no skin in the game but it's asinine to bring up the 8x+ brackets for the general market.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,917
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I have more than enough personal projects to keep my energy locked up for years
    This is also going to play a big factor. I have the elven brig from hunt for history, this now has the promise of becoming some extremely valuable armor without having to chase merchants.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I love how people keep citing 0x to 10x as if that's a relevant watermark. In the far more likely scenario you're taking something from 0 to 7x, it would cost ~33m which is right on par with taking an item to T5 ensorcell. The even more likely 4x - 7x is roughly the same (31.5m).

    Previous speed enchants were what, 20m for a 7x? Even if you ignore the 5x jump, the 6x speed enchant is valued at least at 10m in the old system so it's basically the same cost people were paying before. Stop talking about 8-10x so you sound slightly less wrong. None of this is even accounting for the increased demand that will arise from 1) not having to surrender an item for 6 months and 2) being able to enchant previously impossible things.

    I have more than enough personal projects to keep my energy locked up for years, I have no skin in the game but it's asinine to bring up the 8x+ brackets for the general market.
    The problem is this:

    1) The wizard wants 3m per week regardless of the item properties
    2) Not all items are worth the 3m cost

    A plain item brought up to 7x is not going to be worth the price at 3m per week. So if wizards want to be retarded about this then they just increased the price of enchanting. Demand for enchants will decrease as a result.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    This is also going to play a big factor. I have the elven brig from hunt for history, this now has the promise of becoming some extremely valuable armor without having to chase merchants.
    I play a lot of alts, i've never sold an enchant as I'm always working up something so nothing new there. But the other side of the coin is I have to assume there are going to be some wizards who never wanted to bother with enchanting for others because it's a pain in the ass to track people down for months at a time. Now it can be like sorcell, got juice big bang boom enjoy your +13 imflass broadsword.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    The problem is this:

    1) The wizard wants 3m per week regardless of the item properties
    2) Not all items are worth the 3m cost

    A plain item brought up to 7x is not going to be worth the price at 3m per week. So if wizards want to be retarded about this then they just increased the price of enchanting. Demand for enchants will decrease as a result.
    Paying to have things created has *never* been "worth" it. You always pay the item worth + opportunity cost. It has been the case since lets see here...uh, around the time of the invention of money. a T5 ensorcell isn't worth 30m on resale either, Jesus man.

    As it stands now essence is worth more than ensorcell juice, as it's a lot harder / more time consuming to farm. So....yeah, tough shit. Also I'm sure low skill wizards will pick up jobs for lower end enchants for more in the 2m or even 1.5m per week brackets, especially if the system is made less awful. Oddly enough, exactly like ensorcelling. A 3m per week for a skilled enchanter is *optimistic* for you to price at.

    Further, you are out of your fucking mind. People are already paying near 20m for a slow enchant. 3 / 6 / 9 is still a good rule of thumb pricing on the old system and with silvers in the shitter selling enchants for more was trivial. So you think there isn't market to sustain a 10m on average increase (assuming you're paying 3m per and get no one selling lower for the easier 20 to 30 range) for a process that doesn't take 6 months? Rofl. Ok.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Paying to have things created has *never* been "worth" it. You always pay the item worth + opportunity cost. It has been the case since lets see here...uh, around the time of the invention of money. a T5 ensorcell isn't worth 30m on resale either, Jesus man.

    As it stands now essence is worth more than ensorcell juice, as it's a lot harder / more time consuming to farm. So....yeah, tough shit. Also I'm sure low skill wizards will pick up jobs for lower end enchants for more in the 2m or even 1.5m per week brackets, especially if the system is made less awful. Oddly enough, exactly like ensorcelling. A 3m per week for a skilled enchanter is *optimistic* for you to price at.

    Further, you are out of your fucking mind. People are already paying near 20m for a slow enchant. 3 / 6 / 9 is still a good rule of thumb pricing on the old system and with silvers in the shitter selling enchants for more was trivial. So you think there isn't market to sustain a 10m on average increase (assuming you're paying 3m per and get no one selling lower for the easier 20 to 30 range) for a process that doesn't take 6 months? Rofl. Ok.
    It's not worth 3m - let the market decide. Down with the cartel!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •