Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Enchanting

  1. #1

    Default Enchanting

    Not really an appraisal, but I have been wondering how wizards are planning on pricing enchanting under the new system....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Not really an appraisal, but I have been wondering how wizards are planning on pricing enchanting under the new system....
    They are going to try to anchor it to sorcerer pricing per week. At 3m per they are literally saying it's going to cost someone roughly around 168m to go from 0x to 10x. Way overpriced.

    A few wizards are already trying to form a cartel on it.

  3. #3

    Default

    Enchanting costs are easy, since we can now enchant nearly anything the BS cert can, which is 100k for +5 to any item, each +1 cast of the new enchant should cost 20k bs. Enjoy!

    Edit: Dalabrac pays double!
    Last edited by AnOrdim; 05-12-2019 at 10:53 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    They are going to try to anchor it to sorcerer pricing per week. At 3m per they are literally saying it's going to cost someone roughly around 168m to go from 0x to 10x. Way overpriced.

    A few wizards are already trying to form a cartel on it.
    Placing myself under the new enchanting requirements, my prices would definitely be going up. This change actually has me considering opening my wizard account until Classic is released.

    I still need to run the numbers to see if it would be worth my time, not knowing how much hunting a week it would take to get my weekly cap at level 55. Even if it's within reason I don't even know if I would sell the service or continue to build the mattock I had been working on.

    I can say with 15+ years of working with enchanting, the service cost is going to go way up now considering it requires much more work. One also has to take into account that silvers are worth nearly 300% less than they were when I cashed out the majority of capitol I had gained in my GS history.

    The extremely poor roll out of the new enchanting changes has kept me from clicking the "Submit Payment" button. I need some real numbers here.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Enchanting costs are easy, since we can now enchant nearly anything the BS cert can, which is 100k for +5 to any item, each +1 cast of the new enchant should cost 20k bs. Enjoy!

    Edit: Dalabrac pays double!
    Ordim is David Bowie from Labyrinth:



    But I say:


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I can say with 15+ years of working with enchanting, the service cost is going to go way up now considering it requires much more work. One also has to take into account that silvers are worth nearly 300% less than they were when I cashed out the majority of capitol I had gained in my GS history.
    Your enchanting costs are going up because you have to.. script hunt?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Your enchanting costs are going up because you have to.. script hunt?
    Script hunt or not, I would still be dedicating resources to a character I would otherwise not be focusing on.

    The cost for enchanting went up for the character owner with this change.

    Old enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level

    New enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level + time invested to gather enchanting energy.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  8. Default

    Smart silvers would probably wait until the wizards are done undercutting each other. Probably not until another 6 months till we get a true price to enchanting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Script hunt or not, I would still be dedicating resources to a character I would otherwise not be focusing on.

    The cost for enchanting went up for the character owner with this change.

    Old enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level

    New enchanting cost = time invested to reach x level + time invested to gather enchanting energy.
    Sweet - that means all my armor and weapons went up in price and silvers will be cheaper per million.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Sweet - that means all my armor and weapons went up in price and silvers will be cheaper per million.
    Mcgaylord is that you?
    standing between the living and the dead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •