Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bard Hunting Partner

1. Default Bard Hunting Partner

Thinking of coming back and now that i have a second laptop I'm thinking I will 2 box my polearm bard. What class synergies best with a polearm bard? I was thinking cleric or pally for the spirit circle, and cleric seems to have been buffed up significantly the last few months. Would sorcerer be any good? Thanks for any input!

I don't quite understand the need to run two machines to do so... instead of dual monitors or just running them together.. I think my vote would be for cleric with a hard second in sorcerer. being a polearm bard if anything turtles on you the cleric cs will cover it... and you get the added bonus of 307 and cleric spells... the reason i picked sorcerer as 2.. is because you can still get the 100's and the sorcerer doesn't care if the bard is there or not.. he's fine.

3. Default

Ok, I didn't think I could run LNET on 2 separate instances one system. I'll give it a shot. I actually happen to have a sorcerer that I could account transfer, whereas I'd have to level up a cleric from scratch. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumothorax77 View Post
    Ok, I didn't think I could run LNET on 2 separate instances one system. I'll give it a shot. I actually happen to have a sorcerer that I could account transfer, whereas I'd have to level up a cleric from scratch. Thanks for the info.
    Lich/LNet is fine. The only thing I would be worried about is if you use SF which has a horrible memory leak. Although just two instances running at once on one computer should be fine.

But still, WizardFE for life!

I think a Cleric makes one of the best hunting partners due to their spells. For the time being, my pole arm bard is hunting with my ohb and shield paladin and they make a pretty good team. I might soon ditch my paladin for my cleric though since the new spells look fun.

6. Default

Paladins and Monks give some pretty nice buffs to the group, as do Clerics, as Greng mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Lich/LNet is fine. The only thing I would be worried about is if you use SF which has a horrible memory leak. Although just two instances running at once on one computer should be fine.

But still, WizardFE for life!
    They never fixed that?

gg Simu

Tards.

Wizard4Lyfe
    Last edited by Methais; 05-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I duo a pure bard/wizard combo and I love it. But I think cleric bard could be interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monk. that telep more for spamming your tonis mstrikes w/ 1213. and then you can have the monk for uh....oh that's right, nothing.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I can't think of any two professions pairing up where having one of them be a wizard wouldn't result in the most overall pwnage.

Ironically I think a bard would probably gain the least from being paired with a wizard than anyone else at least as far as supplementing each other goes, since you can't rapid fire songs and bards have their own haste if they're swinging weapons.

But the overall pwnage level of wizard + bard is still pretty incredible.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible