Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Spectacular: Channeled Dispels

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    What use is this if monks already get dispel. It’s redundant and the use case for this spell is pretty low.

GS combat happens so fast these changes seem dumb for in combat.
    Some of those things can't be dispelled by anything else. like you can't dispel warcries to my knowledge, it's not magic. (who knows with this recent channeled update.) It also works on swiftkick (from cheapshots) that forces stance by "enraging" you, etc. That bullshit. I've never actually had to use it for this (so, obviously....very helpful) but i believe naturally it can remove the sheer fear effect from someone, and at 25 ranks you get the 30 second immunity so if you're hunting lichs i guess? I dunno man, i just punch shit ok?

The dispelled update is actually really nice situationally, you get a bullshit debuff and you can just pop off to another room and remove it. previously some of that shit like interdiction was basically he hunt was just over if you needed mana. Removing powersink, which the only thing that casts that is the sentinels in SoS as far as i know, is huge. Randomly getting spell prep times again is infuriating.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

2. Default

The main problem with the dispel spells is that all the effects are coded differently. I'm not sure here, so I'll ask - Do dispels work on things like ghost sickness in Reim? That paralyzing poison in warcamps? It seems like something that SHOULD be affected by a dispel, but I doubt it is. Soothing word might work on warcries, if the only one that did anything were an effect rather than just adding 20 seconds of RT. Griffin shrieking in OTF? Not an effect. Just another RT stacker.

I'd be willing to bet there's very little actual functional difference between what 1205 can handle and what 1218 can. Maybe weaponfire, if you're ultra fast and not busy being stunned and/or dead? And you're probably not susceptible to it anyway because you're probably just wearing gloves.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-09-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The main problem with the dispel spells is that all the effects are coded differently. I'm not sure here, so I'll ask - Do dispels work on things like ghost sickness in Reim? That paralyzing poison in warcamps? It seems like something that SHOULD be affected by a dispel, but I doubt it is. Soothing word might work on warcries, if the only one that did anything were an effect rather than just adding 20 seconds of RT. Griffin shrieking in OTF? Not an effect. Just another RT stacker.

I'd be willing to bet there's very little actual functional difference between what 1205 can handle and what 1218 can. Maybe weaponfire, if you're ultra fast and not busy being stunned and/or dead? And you're probably not susceptible to it anyway because you're probably just wearing gloves.
    It doesn't make you immune to those, or remove the RT effects. I meant the cries with persistent effects. There's one that force stance (enrage effect), the effect like crawlers do that scare you into inaction by just standing there crying like a bitch, etc.

Those are not magic, you're just a punk ass and without a strong boi level 5 monk to be all "you got this bro", you're just gonna keep standing there pissing yourself.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    It doesn't make you immune to those, or remove the RT effects. I meant the cries with persistent effects. There's one that force stance (enrage effect), the effect like crawlers do that scare you into inaction by just standing there crying like a bitch, etc.

Those are not magic, you're just a punk ass and without a strong boi level 5 monk to be all "you got this bro", you're just gonna keep standing there pissing yourself.
    Yes, that's what I mean. There's only one warcry I know of that has an actual effect (the enrage one), which doesn't matter to a monk anyway. It just saves you the time of typing stance offensive on the off chance that somehow you ended up in any other stance by accident. 1205 removes that. 1218 removes that. You really don't need either of them to, unless we're maybe talking about group hunts I guess, in which case it's an even unlikelier scenario.

What I'm saying is that I don't think there are a lot of things that 1218 would remove that 1205 wouldn't, are there? I can think of weaponfire provided you aren't stunned, sounds, and...is that it?
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 05-09-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Yes, that's what I mean. There's only one warcry I know of that has an actual effect (the enrage one), which doesn't matter to a monk anyway. It just saves you the time of typing stance offensive on the off chance that somehow you ended up in any other stance by accident. 1205 removes that. 1218 removes that. You really don't need either of them to, unless we're maybe talking about group hunts I guess, in which case it's an even unlikelier scenario.

What I'm saying is that I don't think there are a lot of things that 1218 would remove that 1205 wouldn't, are there? I can think of weaponfire provided you aren't stunned, and...is that it?
    self cast? off the top of my head: power sink, corrupt essence, interdiction, interference, weapon fire, weapon deflection, elemental saturation. anything like that. hell you can dispel earthen fury probably let me go check

edit:
    You channel.
    You momentarily drop your defenses as you focus your dispel to purge any negative effects.
    The ground beneath you suddenly calms.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.
    Last edited by Donquix; 05-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.

6. Default

self cast? off the top of my head: power sink, corrupt essence, interdiction, interference, weapon fire, weapon deflection, elemental saturation. anything like that. hell you can dispel earthen fury probably let me to check
    Earthen fury would be cool and I thought of that, but you can walk out of the room and it stops. I think that's just a maneuver script, not an effect. It should be added to dispels. That'd make it far more palatable. I guess I've never hunted anything that casts or has successfully casted that other stuff on me, but at least there are things it works for over the other.

Earthen fury would be cool and I thought of that, but you can walk out of the room and it stops. I think that's just a maneuver script, not an effect. It should be added to dispels. That'd make it far more palatable. I guess I've never hunted anything that casts or has successfully casted that other stuff on me, but at least there are things it works for over the other.
    It has ALWAYS been dispellable. You just couldn't guarantee you wouldnt just dispel a normal spell, previously. Especially if you're dispelling off circle (i.e. 1218 just normal self cast will always target mental spells first)

Now you can guarantee you'll remove it, or more improtantly remove it from a hunting partner, as you said with it specifically you can always just walk out of the room. but now if you have a hunting partner get hit with it and they're already hurt, you can remove it.

8. Default

It has ALWAYS been dispellable. You just couldn't guarantee you wouldnt just dispel a normal spell, previously. Especially if you're dispelling off circle (i.e. 1218 just normal self cast will always target mental spells first)

Now you can guarantee you'll remove it, or more improtantly remove it from a hunting partner, as you said with it specifically you can always just walk out of the room. but now if you have a hunting partner get hit with it and they're already hurt, you can remove it.
    Well that's a plus at least. I never knew that one was dispellable. Monk maneuver defense is good. You usually get three or four rounds to casually stroll away before it fucks you with a roll of 180.

But, it won't remove cutthroat, right? That's the only effect that ends my hunt early these days in nelemar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    But, it won't remove cutthroat, right? That's the only effect that ends my hunt early these days in nelemar.
    Shouldn't. That isn't a spell.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam